Why become a member? ×

Nice to see eBay take action on this (LX with £320 postage)

inthedoghouse

They've finally taken action over the £320 postal charge fiasco and he's made it collection only. Maybe somebody does actually take notice when people report items.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/WARWICK-Streamer-LX-4-string-electric-bass-guitar-Honey-Violin-finish-/390931392394?pt=UK_Musical_Instruments_Guitars_CV&hash=item5b0553a78a

I can't say that I blame him.

My sister-in-law sold stuff on eBay for years. Then she sold an unwanted wedding present, the buyer said it was faulty (which it wasn't, it was brand new and in full working order). She said return it then, thinking she'd just get the receipt from whoever gave it her, and take it back to the shop.

She got back an empty box !

And the buyer gave her negative feedback !

:(

I thought we had a free market here in the "enlightened" west, where people could set there own price and conditions on a sale. The market will then decide if it sells or not. If someone wants it at that price and under those conditions then it will sell. If not, it won't. Aren't these actually important principles of how our society and economy work ? Didn't our forefathers actually fight wars to protect these sorts of rights and freedoms ?

Personally, I think he's making it more difficult for people to buy his bass, but it's his right and he's not insulting or hurting anyone.