Why become a member? ×

Tangle wood Warrior II - anyone know anything?

The Admiral

I owned one. They're solid decent basses, if a little "uninspiring" overall.
I actually owned a Warrior, a Warrior II and a Warrior III.
The Warrior was the nicest, but the short top horn made it suffer terribly from neckdive, so I let it go in the end. It was great 'though.
The Warrior II was fine. Think Squier VM "fine": well made, it all works, yet not an instrument to fall in love with.
The Warrior III had the looks, and was a pretty good bass too.

If the price is attractive, and you like the looks... go for it. You may like it more than I did, but at any rate they're decent instruments.

I used to have one of the Warrior series many years ago, I can't recall the model number but it was the one with F holes. Looked lovely and played ok but electrics were terrible, a really weak output and not much tone to speak of. I only paid fifty quid for it and eventually gave it away to a friend's brother who was just starting out. Decent starter instrument but didn't really stack up against the cheap Squier P Special and Ibanez GSR I owned at the time in the sound department.

[quote name='mike257' timestamp='1411837325' post='2563208']
I used to have one of the Warrior series many years ago, I can't recall the model number but it was the one with F holes. Looked lovely and played ok but electrics were terrible, a really weak output and not much tone to speak of. I only paid fifty quid for it and eventually gave it away to a friend's brother who was just starting out. Decent starter instrument but didn't really stack up against the cheap Squier P Special and Ibanez GSR I owned at the time in the sound department.
[/quote]

That would be a Warrior III.

Poor output? Mine was a beast! I eventually drilled an extra hole for a 5th control and installed a 3-band Glockenklang preamp. But even without the preamp, it sounded pretty good - I thought.

This was my Warrior, and this one was pretty sweet, except for the neckdive issues:

I don't have pictures of my old Warrior II, but it was shaped like a Warwick Corvette.