Why become a member? ×

Remove

Pinball

[font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Hi, I'm hoping some Basschatters can make it along to see my band play its own brand of "[color=#141823]Alternative psychedelic post-progressive industrial rock"[/color][/font][/size][/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]As we're a relatively new band, I was having problems finding gigs for the "Badgers" to play. After some persistent pestering I have a few gigs lined up. The first is a cracker as theThunderbolt. They got back and said they liked the name and what they heard on sound cloud and that they had a free night on the 8th of October. If we could put something together we could play then. Now we have an interesting 4 band line up and are all set to go. [/font][/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif]The only thing is......... we haven't played locally and are not yet well know so I'm not sure where the audience will come from. [/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]If your able to come along that would be great, if your able to drag a few others thats even better. If not maybe you could like our Facebook page and share the info. You can find more info about the band on The Angry Badgers" Facebook page[/font][/size][/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Links? SoundCloud link in my sig and FB link below...my ears tell me we're worth seeing live :) [/font][/size][/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#222222][url="https://www.facebook.com/events/1467874850153434/"]https://www.facebook...67874850153434/[/url][/color][/font][/size][/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Cheers[/font][/size][/font]

[font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]Ed[/font][/size][/font]

Edited by Pinball

Here's what the bands playing say about themselves:

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][b]The Angry Badgers[/b] musical influences include The Pineapple Thief, Lou Reed and Nine Inch Nails. These are drawn together with hard hitting lyrics, in a soundscape of guitar riffs, synths and rhythm. The "Badger" sound, that is best described as alternative psychedelic post-prog industrial rock. [/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=Helvetica, Arial,][b]Secret Veils[/b]: this 4 piece band describe their music as "[/font]Whispery, smoky tones and visceral groove"[/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=Helvetica, Arial,][b]That Hidden Promise[/b]: "Extraordinary, electro rock loop wizardry".. [/font][font=Helvetica, Arial,]That Hidden Promise is a solo act, that has been performing live with current set up since March 2011, after deciding to try and bring something different and fresh to the solo performer arena. So armed with songs which deliver inventiveness, thought provoking lyrics, catchy melodies and a hard, raw edge, THP creates the beats and percussion live, combined with electric guitar, giving the songs the platform, but also a performance to talk about.[/font][/size][/font][/color]

[color=#000000][font=HelveticaNeue,][size=4][font=Helvetica, Arial,][b]The Wires[/b] are a high energy acoustic Duo featuring David Beaver on Bass guitar / vocals and Yan Skuse on Acoustic guitar / vocals[/font][/size][/font][/color]

Edited by Pinball

[quote name='Mornats' timestamp='1412420261' post='2568764']
I've seen 3 out of 4 of these bands play before and it'll be a good show! A proper good alt rock night it will be.
[/quote]

Thanks Paul, I'am now looking forward to it-always wanted to play at The Thunderbolt-see you there :)

http://www.thethunderbolt.net/whatson.ihtml