Why become a member? ×

Fender Mustang Pawn. Withdrawn.
£460

jezzaboy

Withdrawn for now. Might just keep it.

Up for sale, straight trade or trade plus cash my way.

Fender Mustang, MIM, Short scale, 38mm nut, bought by me new in 2013. The bass is in excellent condition with no dents, dings or scratches that I can see. It has been gigged but looked after.

It weighs in at 9-9.5 pounds or 4kg. The bass is fitted with D`darrio half rounds and I will include the original Fender strings. It does not come with a case or bag but if posting, it will be sent in a full size hard case which is meant for protection only.

The pickup wiring has been modified as described below by my guitar chap as the pickup is hot. It can be easily modified back to stock if required. I have nicked the text below from Telebass`s description as this is where the mod came from, so I hope you don`t mind TB.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4]"To get the bite, you do a simple electrical mod. The TEB101 humbucker is a 4-wire jobbie. Under the plate is a taped pair, red and white. Solder red to ground and the white to the green wire on the volume pot. This puts the pickup into parallel mode, halving the impedance from 22k (HOT!) to around 11k, not too far off a standard P-bass pickup".[/size][/font][/color]

The only issue is with the position of the bridge. It has been factory fitted about 1mm out of line with the string through holes. It does not effect the string alignment on the neck or the sound of the bass and is only noticeable very close up. Most of the early ones I have seen, have this issue and I have only mentioned it as I like to be as honest as possible. There is a photo showing this.

The ones that have sold on here previously seem to go for around £500. I am looking for £460 posted to you, UK mainland only. I will knock something off the price for collection of course.

Trade wise, I will do a straight swap for a P or Jazz Classic Series

A GL tribute or US MM sub plus some cash my way

A Squier CV or similar plus cash my way

Or something else 4 string and fretted. The only thing I`m not interested trade wise is a Ibby SR or a Thunderbird and I don`t want to trade up the way.

If we can do the deal face to face, all the better and I don`t mind travelling within reason. I am located in Paisley just outside of Glasgow.

[attachment=173571:SAM_0738.JPG]

Edited by jezzaboy