Why become a member? ×

NBD (X2) Musicman,Fender

dub_junkie

Took delivery of my new 2EQ Stingray and it's got me back playing musicman again so very happy. However I will need to outlay more cash in the future as the plan has always been to get a status graphite neck for it somewhere down the line B)

[url="http://s152.photobucket.com/user/dub_junkie/media/f060c6b0-f707-4917-a4f3-ea678df4a258_zpsaccefb4e.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s152.photobucket.com/user/dub_junkie/media/Basses/20141103_135843_zpsfb821e45.jpg.html"][/url]

I also got a MIJ Jaguar bass a couple of weeks back so seemed like a good time to get a pic of them both together

[url="http://s152.photobucket.com/user/dub_junkie/media/Basses/20141103_140110_zps25a979b9.jpg.html"][/url]

Very pretty. How's the Jag for noise? I've heard a lot of people shield them or swap in noiseless pickups (or both). I'd check everything metal is grounded.

I'd say both of them have great bite - the treble boost on both should be able to get extreme harshness if that's what you like. More moderate tones are probably as easily attained with either of course.

I cant say if noticed any unwanted noise with the Jag. I normally play it in passive mode with the tone backed off slightly but today I cranked up the volume on the combo at home,engaged the active switch and turned up the treble on the circuit and it didn't seem to be noisy. seems earthed well enough too. one thing I have noticed is the bridge J has a different sound from the one on my Jazz bass I just sold. Being that bit nearer the bridge, (70's spacing?) to my ears it's a bit more wiry sounding and biting, not so sweet. Not sure if I like this sound so much but I like the neck and twin pickup tones and overall its a very versatile bass with a great neck and is that bit different from either a J or a P

just had a lengthy play on the Stingray this evening. absolutely love it! Think I'll be looking for a USA Sterling soon again at this rate :-)

[quote name='dub_junkie' timestamp='1415050621' post='2596195']
I cant say if noticed any unwanted noise with the Jag. I normally play it in passive mode with the tone backed off slightly but today I cranked up the volume on the combo at home,engaged the active switch and turned up the treble on the circuit and it didn't seem to be noisy. seems earthed well enough too. one thing I have noticed is the bridge J has a different sound from the one on my Jazz bass I just sold. Being that bit nearer the bridge, (70's spacing?) to my ears it's a bit more wiry sounding and biting, not so sweet. Not sure if I like this sound so much but I like the neck and twin pickup tones and overall its a very versatile bass with a great neck and is that bit different from either a J or a P

just had a lengthy play on the Stingray this evening. absolutely love it! Think I'll be looking for a USA Sterling soon again at this rate :-)
[/quote]

Great stuff - although it's not helping my GAS for a Jag!