Why become a member? ×

Mesa Boogie Walkabout Head-value?

casapete

I snagged a nearly new one on US ebay for a mere £350 shipped a couple of years back. The main drawback is - you've guessed it it - I have to lug around a mains transformer at least as heavy as the amp itself :( Bad move......

Superb little amps though; I liked it so much I bought the biggest brother - Mesa Titan V12 Big Block (UK voltage this time!) But it's still the Walkabout that gets gigged most . Changing the original Russian Mesa pre valves for Harma cryo ones made a definite improvement in tone and silent running

[quote name='casapete' timestamp='1415105511' post='2596677']
Thanks for your thoughts guys. The amp in question is a silver face, probably a 2006 model I believe.
Cheers.
[/quote]

If you're selling (and not selling this very minute!) I'd be VERY interested...

That's the problem with GAS: it often bears little relation to reality. I was the same with the Walkabout head: wanted one desperately, finally got one, I think it went back to the seller (WoT IIRC) the following week in a mutually beneficial regret-based transaction. :D He loves it and missed it, I thought it was a bit 'meh' and couldn't see what all the fuss was about.

That's not to single the Walkabout head out particularly, tho: I can't say I haven't done the same thing with umpteen amps, cabs and basses. :blush:

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1415193654' post='2597670']
That's the problem with GAS: it often bears little relation to reality. I was the same with the Walkabout head: wanted one desperately, finally got one, I think it went back to the seller (WoT IIRC) the following week in a mutually beneficial regret-based transaction. :D He loves it and missed it, I thought it was a bit 'meh' and couldn't see what all the fuss was about.
[/quote]

It was indeed myself. How I love it so!

[quote name='Muzz' timestamp='1415193654' post='2597670']

That's not to single the Walkabout head out particularly, tho: I can't say I haven't done the same thing with umpteen amps, cabs and basses. :blush:
[/quote] had lots of basses, not had one that wasnt great.still not found a rig that works for me .... yet. Any tips

Edited by LukeFRC