Why become a member? ×

Radio 4 NOW - thing about BASS

ped

[b] [url="http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04n62k3/microsite"]Spank the Plank[/url][/b]

[color=#999999][font=sans-serif][size=1]
Mitch Benn investigates the history of slap bass and even tries to learn the technique.[/size][/font][/color]

[quote name='PaulWarning' timestamp='1415274517' post='2598601']
Mark King? don't think I'll bother just my onion of course but he's my least favourite bass player
[/quote]
There's plenty of other stuff. It's not all King by any stretch. Yolanda Charles is featuring quite heavily too, and there are other things -- some great Larry Graham, some dreadful Primus, etc etc.

[quote name='ped' timestamp='1415275017' post='2598614']
Did we? I missed that. What did they say, good things I hope? :blush:
[/quote]
It was the bit where Mitch Benn was acknowledging that slap bass isn't everybody's cuppa -- so our 'mention' was one quote from an 'isn't-slap-terrible' thread somewhere on the site, opining that "the only things that should be slapped are politicians and newborn babies' arses".
So now the Radio 4 audience knows that we are miserable negative gits too :lol:

Edited by UglyDog

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1415275211' post='2598621']
It was the bit where Mitch Benn was acknowledging that slap bass isn't everybody's cuppa -- so our 'mention' was one quote from an 'isn't-slap-terrible' thread somewhere on the site, opining that "the only things that should be slapped are politicians and newborn babies' arses".
So now the Radio 4 audience knows that we are miserable negative gits too :lol:
[/quote]

lol well I enjoy a good slap myself. It's not in iPlayer yet so will have a listen again later.

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1415288551' post='2598830']
Interesting concept. I hate Coronation Street, but I can't say I've never gone out of my way to watch another episode just to remind myself how much I despise it. Perhaps I should? ;)
[/quote]perhaps despise was putting it a bit strongly, dislike might be nearer the mark (King :) )I used to quite enjoy Coro, well the comedy bits anyway, but stopped watching it when the then Mrs Warning decided she'd had enough of me, can't say I've missed it (or her)

[quote name='UglyDog' timestamp='1415288551' post='2598830']
Interesting concept. I hate Coronation Street, but I can't say I've never gone out of my way to watch another episode just to remind myself how much I despise it. Perhaps I should? ;)
[/quote]

Hmmmm ... the trouble is that you don't have to go out of your way to have all hell irritated out of you by bass-slapping.