Why become a member? ×

sold pending

sbrag

Am I using the right etiquette in the market place?

I usually put "sold pending" when I've agreed a sale and then include "sold" in the title when I've received payment to get the thread locked. A couple of times I've had the thread locked when I've only put pending, at which point the sale could still not happen and would need another bump. Is this correct?

Cheers

Just to clarify, the thread locking is a manual process.

We're only (almost) human, so if we [b]do[/b] accidentally close a thread before the item has sold, or if the sale falls through, please let me, or indeed any of the Moderation Team know and we'll reopen it for you straight away. :)

[size=3][quote name='sbrag' timestamp='1418218473' post='2628060'][/size]
[size=3]Am I using the right etiquette in the market place?[/size]

[size=3]I usually put "sold pending" when I've agreed a sale and then include "sold" in the title when I've received payment to get the thread locked. A couple of times I've had the thread locked when I've only put pending, at which point the sale could still not happen and would need another bump. Is this correct?[/size]

[size=3]Cheers[/size]
[size=3][/quote][/size]
[size=4]A good question.[/size]
[size=4]For my part (Amps and Cabs For Sale...), and subject to improvement if it's wrong, I close ads if it says 'Sold'. No problem in the title, obviously, but many folks put 'Sold' either in the original post or a last one, but not in the title. If I see '[b]Sale[/b] pending', I'd leave it, but if I read '[b]Sold[/b], pending...', then I close. As mentioned above, it can be re-opened if it falls through, of course.
My bigger 'niggle' is those that re-invent the wheel by putting 'Gone', or 'Traded', or 'No longer available'. Some are even poetical in their stubborn refusal to simply put 'Sold' (or 'Withdrawn'...) in the title. More, if you wish, but at least that..!
There are ads open from 2013 that may well need closure, but until the vendor deigns to mention 'Sold', they stay there. Seems a shame. Whilst I'm here, then, I'd ask all those with open ads to go back over them and update if they're no longer to be kept open.
So, to resume... 'Sold', to me, means closure, as does 'Sold, pending payment/collection or whatever'. If that's not OK, I'm willing to change; just say.
Hope this helps.[/size]

Edited by Dad3353