Why become a member? ×

Ocatvius Squeezer Analog Bass Synth

Tee

:) SD card

FEATURES -

* Designed for bass guitar.
* Wide range of synth, octaver, envelope filter, fuzz and other effects.
* True bypass - input is connected directly to output by a mechanical relay when switched off.
* True analog signal path with reconfigurable analog technology.
* 96 digital presets onboard.
* SD card socket (SD card not included), allows you to save/load additional presets, upgrade firmware.
* Analog two pole lowpass and bandpass filter circuit.
* Analog fuzz circuit.
* Multi-range digital pitch tracking.
* Analog waveform synthesis.
* One octave down, one octave up and two octaves up synthesis.
* Runs from a single 9V battery or external power supply (not included).
* Convenient form factor includes no-tools battery drawer.
* Sturdy steel case finished in an eye-catching red.
* Two user-assignable foot switches.
* Two digital control knobs.
* Backlit 2 line, 16 character LCD.
* Blinking tempo LED.
* Auxilliary output for click tracks and Agent 00Funk Mark II envelope input.
* Tuner.
* Metronome and beat-locked effects with tap tempo mode.
* Effects can be organised into banks for easy selection.
* Additional effects planned in future firmware updates.
* Lovingly manufactured in Australia.

CONNECTIONS -

The Octavius Squeezer has four connectors on the back:

* input - signal from your instrument comes in here.
* aux - provides a separate click track output or connects to the envelope input on the Agent 00Funk Mark II.
* output - signal goes out to your amplifier here.
* 9vdc - plug in a regulated 9V DC 2.1mm supply here.

CONTROLS -

* Turn the effect control to switch between presets. Push it to enter the menu system.
* Push the param control to toggle which parameter of the current effect you want to edit. Turn it to adjust the
current parameter. The exchange knobs menu option lets left-handed players switch the function of the effect
and param controls so that they don't obscure the LCD with their hand when switching effects.
* Click the right footswitch to toggle between effect and bypass mode, indicated by the active LED. Hold down the
right footswitch to enter tap tempo mode. The tempo LED blinks to show the current tempo.
* Use the left footswitch to switch between the effects in the currently active bank. Hold both footswitches down
to enter muted tuning mode.

OCTAVIUS SQUEEZER WILL BE AVAILABLE SOMETIME IN MID-SUMMER 2008. STAY TUNED!

[url="http://www.godlyke.com/shopping/pgm-more_information.php?id=171&thiscat=22&frompage=Online_Store&page_num=1&=SID"]LINKY LINK[/url]

it probably will be a great pedal, its just pricing it at £400 makes it more expensive than a deep impact, or indeed anything else like it. i cant see many people taking the plunge and buying one. imo they should have released a very limited number for say £200 to get the pedal out there and reviewed, and then rise the price accordingly.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='257820' date='Aug 8 2008, 09:40 AM']it probably will be a great pedal, its just pricing it at £400 makes it more expensive than a deep impact, or indeed anything else like it. i cant see many people taking the plunge and buying one. imo they should have released a very limited number for say £200 to get the pedal out there and reviewed, and then rise the price accordingly.[/quote]

We don't know street pricing so that's purely conjecture.

[quote name='BassManKev' post='257885' date='Aug 8 2008, 10:43 AM']godlyke are selling for $625, so with customs and shipping thatl be over £400, and as far as i know there is no distributor in the uk for it as of yet[/quote]

Wrong on two counts. There is a distributor and it's not £400...

Email from Rocky Road, the UK distributor...

To: ******
Subject: Re: Godlyke Website Information Request
Date: Sat, 2 Aug 2008 12:43:06 +0100

It looks like the Chunk Octavius Squeezer will be coming in the next month. Price should be £529.00 (RRP inc VAT)

Regards
Simon Hart
Rocky Road
Windsor House
Turnpike Rd
High Wycombe
HP123FX
+44(0)1494 535333
[email protected]
www.rocky-rd.com

[quote name='Toasted' post='257908' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:07 AM']He can dream on at that price. £529! Epic lol.

A lot of people will be importing these then!![/quote]

Exactly what I thought. I think Chunk have priced themselves out of the market...

[quote name='Toasted' post='257954' date='Aug 8 2008, 11:43 AM']It's over priced. You'll be able to get one from the USA for alot less.[/quote]

If you can get hold of one. I reckon these are going to be like rocking horse doo doo.

I still think they are having a laugh. A pedal like this, I would imagine, realistically has a top selling price of £300. Even at that, it's pushing it...

nobody in their right mind would pay that much for one, unless they are a complete gear geek who wants the new pedal or someone with more money than sense

i mean £525, thats a new bass, or a new amp, or TWO deep impacts!

[quote name='BassManKev' post='258071' date='Aug 8 2008, 01:39 PM']dude, it could be twice as good as the deep impact, and it still wouldnt be worth that price[/quote]

Really? To me, 2 x as good = 2 x the price! Not that I have the money to be saying it, but if it was twice as good as the deep impact, it would be worth twice the value to me.

[quote name='cheddatom' post='258099' date='Aug 8 2008, 02:01 PM']Really? To me, 2 x as good = 2 x the price! Not that I have the money to be saying it, but if it was twice as good as the deep impact, it would be worth twice the value to me.[/quote]

I'd still be as unapplicable in 98% of musical context :) .

Edited by Oscar South

[quote name='cheddatom' post='258099' date='Aug 8 2008, 02:01 PM']Really? To me, 2 x as good = 2 x the price! Not that I have the money to be saying it, but if it was twice as good as the deep impact, it would be worth twice the value to me.[/quote]

im not speaking literal here, how can one possibly measure one pedal being twice as good as another? i am merely saying that i dont think any amount of 'betterness' it has over the deep impact, its just not worth £525 imo

Edited by BassManKev

It's not worth it to you, but it you were a pro musician who really liked the tones available, or y'know.....

I just don't think they should be criticised. Sure, everyone wants one, but everyone wants an aston martin - they price them accordingly. Maybe i'm wrong and there's no market for this kind of high price high quality pedal, in which case they should lower the price within a year.

It has a lot more features than the Deep Impact - an effects section for starters so I guess in some people's eyes it could be worth more than a deep impact. . It sounds more hardcore and much less polite than the Deep Impact to my ears too (although I don't know if thats a good thing or not). I personally want to see how good the tracking is and how easy it is to hear the pitch on stage. Thats what I like about the Deep Impact, its relatively easy to hear the pitch.

I believe Godlyke have the rights to distribute in Europe but don't appear to have a European based operation. I understand that the manufacturers also hope to sell at least 50 units a month in Europe.