Why become a member? ×

Sold on BC: P-Bass being split for parts - Body and neck for projec
£65

Hi there,

I bought this to do a project, but don't really have time. So I'm selling a fully loaded body, as I got it, and the neck.

[b]Body[/b]: The body is in good condition, but with a couple of dings. One ding is just under the tone pot. The other is on the back/bottom of the bass - see the Photobucket album for more pics.

[url="http://s1175.photobucket.com/user/Grangur/library/BC-pics/Black-P?sort=3&page=1"]http://s1175.photobu...P?sort=3&page=1[/url]

Pocket appears to be 63.5mm. So I think this is pretty standard. The body is solid wood but I don't know the type. It's light in colour and a good weight - not the heaviest I've held by a long way.

Body Price: £38 including all you see and shipping in the UK.

[b]Neck[/b]: This is a maple neck with rosewood fingerboard c/w tuner heads. No dings anywhere that I know of. The feel is slightly chunkier than a Squier, but certainly no baseball bat. 41mm nut. 11mm string spacing at the nut.

The frets are as new and really smooth at the edges.

Neck price including tuners and shipping in the UK: £28.

If you want both neck and body, I'll sell both together with strings for £65 and I'll throw in the strings - don't know what they are but they're in good condition and it all sounded OK when it was all assembled in one piece.

The neck and body are a snug fit.

I see this as a "project" because IMHO the body needs the dings sorted and I'd re-shape it a bit. It'd be good fun for someone.

Thanks for looking

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Grangur

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1420044267' post='2645148']
Mr Grangur i will take the body off your hands (unless someone has sneakily pmmd you about it) pm me your details at your leisure :D
[/quote]

Mr Darkheart, Sir, the body is yours.

LOL!!

No worries. I would. At least you know it fits and the frets are good. Over all the bass has hardly been played. I bought it as an "unwanted gift". I think its pretty much untouched, apart from knocks from being stored.

What I was going to do was change the pups and re-shape the body for ergonomics to suit me better. I'd like to see what you do.

[quote name='DarkHeart' timestamp='1420133716' post='2645995']
ive sent the extra for the neck. ive got a fender pup and new pots and a brass wilkinson bridge and tuners, was thinking about either a brushed gold plate or a black one with brass hardware.
[/quote]

Oooooohhh.. Sounds interesting.

But as Discreet will tell you...

:useless:

:D

It's all packed in an "envelope" now and will be with the carrier in the morning.

Many thanks and see you about.

Cheers
Richard