Why become a member? ×

Slight Blender Pedal Confusion...

bakerster135

I'm looking for a blender pedal, and liking the look of the simple one knob dry/wet mix type (i.e. Wounded Paw Blender V1, Mosquite Blender, Barge Concepts VBJR, etc).

I want to know one thing, and cannot ascertain it for any of these models...If I have the knob in the middle, i.e. 50% dry/50% wet, will the dry signal be at unity (i.e. same volume as the signal when the blender is bypassed) or will it be quieter?

I hope this makes sense, would appreciate any advice anyone can give!

Cheers,
Alex

Edited by bakerster135

At 50/50, the wet and dry signal will usually be less than unity, so that when blended together you have roughly unity in the end. This way, as long as the pedal in the loop is set to unity, then you will have the same overall volume no matter where you have the blend knob set.

If you want to push the overall volume up a bit you can just increase the master volume of the pedal in the loop then adjuster the blender slightly more towards the clean channel.

Edited by dannybuoy

It's a good pedal but far king massive compared to the Mosquite.

Btw, I was looking for a mini blender recently and Wee Lush FX do one similar to the Mosquite and are selling some slightly ugly protypes on eBay for £60 (the proper ones are £80). They don't look as good but will do the job!

[url="http://r.ebay.com/EKFEZH"]http://r.ebay.com/EKFEZH[/url]

Edited by dannybuoy