Why become a member? ×

Lakland Bob Glaub NOW SOLD
£600

paulie

Up for sale is my Lakland Skyline Bob Glaub
This is one of the earlier Korean made models with Lindy Fralin pickups.

This comes with a Lakland Hardshell case

Ive tried a load of skylines and this is the only one that plays and feels like the US version. The only difference is Skyline on the headstock.

Bass is in great condition other than some wear on the lower bout which was touched up by a luthier. You can't see this in a photo and its hard to notice in the flesh but in the interest of full disclosure etc....

Bass is fully set up with new strings, lovely action, buzz free

Can post anywhere in the UK or Europe

[attachment=180649:IMG_1286.jpg]

[attachment=180650:IMG_1287.jpg]

[attachment=180651:IMG_1288.jpg]

[attachment=181120:IMG_1294.jpg]

[attachment=181121:IMG_1296.jpg]

[attachment=181122:IMG_1297.jpg]

Edited by paulie

The nut is wider than a jazz but not quite the 1.75 of a precision.
It seemed to be closer to 1.7

I normally just play jazz basses and the nut width felt very comfy to me. The neck profile is quite shallow and is based on Glaub's old pre CBS Precision so much more comfy than the standard Precision neck.

The bass weighs in at over 4.8kg so its definitely on the heavy side.
I don't have proper scales to get this exact but its certainly on the heavy side but not overly so.

To be honest the weight of the body really seems to contribute to the tone of this instrument. It sounds like a p bass on steriods. Really deep tone but clean and punchy also. Sounds close to my old NYC Sadowsky p bass which had a preamp. Sounds amazing.

I A/B'd it last week in a store against a couple of new Skylines and they were all lightweight in terms of tone and feel to this.
They felt cheap,

As mentioned the build quality, sound, feel of the neck and playability of this is exactly the same as my old USA Glaub

Cheers Cocco
It really is a nice bass. The Lindy Fralins really add another dimension to the tone also.
But for me I just can't tell the difference between this and a US model. Same woods, same hardware (other than lightweight hipshot tuners rather than vintage ones) same electronics, pots, wiring etc.
I think the only difference is the way the neck is made.
The neck on this is stunning.
Very hard to find such a bass for this price.
The Lakland hardshell case is a nice bonus also.
Oh, and it has brand new strings.

Really nice basses allright.
And I've owned a 72 p bass, a 76, 77 and a couple of 82 Precision Specials.
I also owned an Alleva Coppolo P bass and a Sadowsky NYC p bass and a US Lakland Bob Glaub in candy apple red.

The US Glaub was the only one of all of the above to hold a candle to the Skyline.

Is this my old one? If so, it was one of the best P basses I've ever played, and I had seller's regret almost instantly.

If it is my old one, I'd definitely be interested...

Edited by tredders

I dont know
I got it off a friend in Ireland but as much as I love this bass, Im a Jazz bass guy and need the cash more than the bass at present.

It is stunning though.
Best P bass Ive ever played and if it was a Joe Osbourne it would not be up for sale
Cheers

Ok this has to go to fund my new amp
So in the interest of a quick sale

£550 in shipping to your door which I will organise on my end

Apart from the professional touch up on the heel of the bass, the neck, body, scratch plate, pickups, hardware, strings are all brand new looking.
It actually looks like it has never been played
Frets are still 100% shiny!!!
Having said that the feel of the neck makes it feel like an old friend, new but broken in! if that makes sense

Grab a bargin

The best P bass Ive tried and Ive had a few!