Why become a member? ×

**SOLD** Yamaha NP-30 Digital Piano **SOLD**

Hi,

I'm selling a Yamaha NP-30 digital piano, pretty much as new condition, has built in speakers, can run on batteries (i think), 76 keys, a few useable sounds and a metronome, and it's the silver version not the black one. I can't play the piano with both hands (they seem to get along fine-ish playing bass but get lost on a piano!) so my two-octave MIDI controller keyboard is fine for my use. This can be used a MIDI master keyboard, as well as accepting MIDI in to make use of it as a playback sound module. £100 delivered in mainland UK, I'll try and pack it as well as I can, pickup welcome if you're local - you're welcome to come and have a play and see if you like it first!

[url="http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B000RTBBEI/interactiveda3040-21"]http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...activeda3040-21[/url] <-- this is the black version, but same piano.

I'll accept sensible offers, but I'm selling this for my sister, so I'm not giving it away as she needs money to fund her phD

James.

Edited by jamesf

Hey James

I had a word with my bro about this and he's pretty interested in this piano but is wondering if your sis has had the reported problem with a noise in mid range note through the builtin speakers
has this unit shown signs or had this problem? if so has it had any warranty repair done to it?

Cheers
Steve

[quote name='Gizmo' post='264147' date='Aug 17 2008, 08:15 PM']Hey James

I had a word with my bro about this and he's pretty interested in this piano but is wondering if your sis has had the reported problem with a noise in mid range note through the builtin speakers
has this unit shown signs or had this problem? if so has it had any warranty repair done to it?

Cheers
Steve[/quote]

Hi Steve,

I have the piano downstairs so I'll go and have a bash and see if I can hear any noise through the middle octaves. My sister hasn't said anything about it, but I'll check as I have much better trained ears :)

J

Hi again,

just tested extensively at all volumes, much to the annoyance of everybody in my house! I've heard no problems through the mid range, with every note sounding clear and consistent, in all of the settings. I tested it with a range of dynamics, and still no problematic noise issues. There's a certain amount of noise from the speakers, but this is only realistically audible <50mm distance from the speakers, and does not relate to the problem you describe, only to the limitations of the amplifier built in to the piano. The piano is working fine in all respects through the internal speakers, and is quite a lot louder than I first thought! It has not, to the best of my knowledge, needed or had any repair work done on it at all.

I hope this answers your questions, you're more than welcome to come and have a bash yourself if you live locally. Anything else, don't hesitate to ask, I'll try to confirm or test anything you like (relating to the piano of course!).

James.

[quote name='jamesf' post='264161' date='Aug 17 2008, 08:34 PM']Hi again,

just tested extensively at all volumes, much to the annoyance of everybody in my house! I've heard no problems through the mid range, with every note sounding clear and consistent, in all of the settings. I tested it with a range of dynamics, and still no problematic noise issues. There's a certain amount of noise from the speakers, but this is only realistically audible <50mm distance from the speakers, and does not relate to the problem you describe, only to the limitations of the amplifier built in to the piano. The piano is working fine in all respects through the internal speakers, and is quite a lot louder than I first thought! It has not, to the best of my knowledge, needed or had any repair work done on it at all.

I hope this answers your questions, you're more than welcome to come and have a bash yourself if you live locally. Anything else, don't hesitate to ask, I'll try to confirm or test anything you like (relating to the piano of course!).

James.[/quote]

Hey james thanks for that

Just PM'ed ya