Why become a member? ×

DV247 - customer support question

Conan

Anyone have any experiences (good or bad) to share with this online music store? [url="http://www.dv247.com/"]http://www.dv247.com/[/url]

The reason I ask is that I e-mailed them two days ago regarding a bass guitar I bought last summer. It has developed a fault but has a three year warranty... I explained what the fault is and asked for advice about how to proceed.

I expected to have some sort of reply by now, but maybe that is unrealistic? I'll try to call them later, but e-mail is much more convenient for me.

Thoughts and opinions?

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1422457626' post='2672931']
I emailled them before I bought my Glockenklang amp asking for a price match... they responded a week after I'd bought it from somewhere else...
[/quote]

Hmmmm.... that's not good! :(

They used to be fantastic, I'm currently in an ongoing battle with them regarding a Korg M50 that I have now sent back 3 times for repair. This time they've had it for 9 weeks so far, been a nightmare to contact and not been responding to emails.

I used to have nothing but praise for them but since they've closed their stores I can't say I've been impressed. On top of that their website is more than a little dated and getting very clunky to use.

I used them a lot, both on and off line, when they had stores.
Always great customer service.
When my 2nd Ampeg PF-500 died after over 6 months, they gave me a full refund and were really apologetic.

Sounds like they've gone downhill a lot under their new management.

Very dodgy company - if you read the music dealer press publications and comments from suppliers, DV247 went into a "flat pack" administration, shafting a lot of employees, customers and suppliers. Lo and behold, the company was reformed overnight with all stock shifted to Germany.

Edited by chriswareham

They were always really good.

I bought a pair of Yamaha monitors from them maybe 15 months or so ago. I didn't like them and decided I wanted a different pair, they let me exchange them, even though I'd had them for over a week.

I didn't realise they'd been taken over, it's always sad when once reliable and reputable dealers go down hill like this.

Yet more reason I guess to use Thomann ?

My current Genelecs were over £100 cheaper than anywhere in the UK (from Thomann), one went wrong after just over a month. I emailed Thomann, who replied the next day, and sent me a return shipping thing. It was returned to them in just 36 hours, they replaced and sent the new one to me within a week.

Well, I may have a result after all!

Just had an e-mail from their returns department asking for my address for collection! :)

What isn't clear is whether they will also be delivering a replacement bass or repairing the faulty one... I've e-mailed back seeking clarification on this point.

Pleased I've had a response though - especially after reading all the negative experiences on here! :unsure:

[quote name='charic' timestamp='1422622622' post='2674709']
If you get a bit stuck drop me a mail, I've got the email for the head of the customer service department now ;)
[/quote]

Excellent! I may just do that. I got an "out of office reply" when I replied to their mail... <_< Something about them upgrading their returns policy...? :blink:

It's kind of difficult with the bass only having cost £119. I guess it wouldn't be (financially) worth repairing and replacing pickups... but I've put quite a lot of time and effort into making it how I want it (set-up wise) and I'm not sure I want to have to do it all again with a new one.

Also, I don't know what J&D's quality control is like. I got a good 'un, but a replacement might not be so good.

To be fair, I was thinking of replacing the pickups anyway - so in a way I'd be happier keeping my bass and DV247 making a financial contribution towards the replacements. Not sure their "upgraded" returns system would be able to cope with that though :rolleyes:

Edited by Conan