Why become a member? ×

SOLD Yamaha TRB6P
£800

Shockwave

Hello all.

I have here a Yamaha TRB6P. Bought it as an experiment and I love it! So much so I am now selling it so I can get the more expensive JP model!

Brief overview.

34 Inch scale, 19mm String spacing. Perfect if you like wide string spacing, really helps when performing slap lines. This ones a very early example.

The bass has been played a fair bit, frets/fingerboard are a little worn but have lots of life left, headstock has a few chips but the body is in great condition. Hardware has lost some of its gold. Pre-amp and Piezo is in great working order.

It's actually fairly light considering the size of the beast.

Action is very low.

I am after £800 cash, OR a Musicman 3EQ 4 String Stingray, must be 9lbs or under, matching headstocks or special colours preferred. The only other trade/part ex I would go for is for a Blue one of these OR a JP model one.

At the moment I am not interested in posting, you are welcome to come around to my place in Wimbledon, or I can meet up in Central London.

Comes with what looks like the original beatup Yamaha Hardcase, though it is missing it's handle.

Edited by Rich

[quote name='Chris Horton' timestamp='1422811836' post='2677037']
These are fantastic basses that can do it all.
Just my humble opinion but I think you should keep this bass ....... it is much better than the JP model from what I remember
[/quote]

Noted :)

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1422812197' post='2677041']
I had one of these, really great basses.

Aren't they 35" scale ?

:)
[/quote]

This is a MK1, So 34" scale. :)