Why become a member? ×

Moogerfooger MF 107 Freqbox

Tuco

Just picked up one of these beasts a week or ago from Mr Shep and I just feel compelled to write a few words about it.
There seems to be a lot written on forums about this module being real difficult to dial in etc ; This was NOT my experience with it AT all.
I started off in hard sync mode with all dials set counter clockwise but "mix" on 10 and straight away it sounded great. Synthy, fuzzy and SYNTHY!! Basically the 'freq' and 'env' knobs work together with whatever waveform you have seleced and it's not difficult to dial in those sweet spots (of which there are a LOT) tweaking these two controls. You can go from the sublime to the truly ridiculous!!
So many usable, awesome sounds and sticking an OC2 and WM before it and an MF 101 after it is sheer sonic BLISS!!!
Then the real chaos starts when you attach its oscillator out into itself or into the carrier in of the ring mod - insanity!!!
The only downside is now I want another one (or even two!!) for layering mayhem..
I may need to invest in an LS2 ;) ;)