Why become a member? ×

Fixing a dodgy bridge on a 2010 Korean Warwick Corvette Pro

Silvia Bluejay

I thought it might be of interest to those who have a similar model, or indeed a similar problem on a different bass, if its bridge is similarly shaped.

Big shout out to Liam (Bartelby) for coming to my rescue with the donation of an extra grub screw for the bridge and some spares I may well need if I need to strip the bridge again. (Those fixing screws clearly aren't designed for repeated assembling and disassembilng.)

Unfortunately I haven't got a photo of the bridge as it was originally, all out of alignment with the surface of the body, one side sitting far too low in the socket and another side wedged against the socket itself, to make it stand prouder, with no grub screw.
The end result was OK in holding the strings in place at an acceptable height, but the whole caboodle would have collapsed anyway the moment I attempted to change strings. So I got rid of the unwanted roundwounds and disassembled the bridge.

Since it was sitting too low in the socket, some padding was needed. This is packing foam.

Now with the spring removed from the saddle of the low B string

All done! (Minus the grub screw at the lower corner on the side of the G string)

And then Liam sends me his bass-saving kit!

Now I may even find some time to actually play the bass! :rolleyes: :lol: :sun_bespectacled:

Edited by bluejay