Why become a member? ×

battered Daion

alyctes

Not sure about this. It looks overpriced to me, even given that they are rare and sought-after.

Also, I'm not sure that there isn't a crack in the back of the neck, exactly where the end of the trussrod would bear. If I was bidding I'd want another pic; the fourth one here is not reassuring, to me.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rare-DAION-80s-Japanese-Electric-Bass-Sunburst-Guitar-Needs-Servicing-/311293256173?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item487a8621ed"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item487a8621ed[/url]

Edited by alyctes

Seller plainly isn't a musician & knows nothing about this bass or any other, save what 25 seconds' Googling has turned up.

Shame there aren't better pics, but I'm about 95% sure this isn't a high-end Yamaki build, which you'd associate with the Daion or Joodee brands. It looks cheap - the big black oversprays on the contours say ply, or at best butcher-block. Just a detail, but the MIJ neckplate stamped on the top half usually turns up on low/medium range stuff probably from the Chushin factory, as does the Gibson-type nut.

I'd have liked to see a pic of the truss rod adjustment - Yamaki-built Fender copies featured an interesting side-of heel truss system, and I can't see any signs of that here.

If it was starting at £50 it might be worth a look.

Jon.