Why become a member? ×

NBD Westbury Track 2

anDy LAKIN

Well after recently getting a Westbury Track 4 i thought it would be nice to have a track 2 to go with ti and see how they both compare.

Well the track 2 is as nice as i was hoping (although a few more marks on the body) and has the benefit of being a bit lighter as the body is flat unlike the curved body of the track 4 and also that the neck on the track 2 is bolt on aswell. the necks are the same thickness which are nice and easy to play although not the thinnest and the pick ups are also dimarzio and give a good sound and tone but the twin pick ups and their positioning on the track 4 gives it just a bit better growl.

The bridge has been replaced on it and it doesnt have the original knobs (the controls are volume, tone and series/parallel switch ) but it all works and plays well and is also made in 1980

Heres a few pics too,

Very nice! New bridge is an upgrade as the originals tended to crack & bend in half! Just stick a couple of black speed knobs on it & it'll be sorted.

I do like mine but never really play it as the single P unit doesn't get the sound I want too easily. Should I flog it? :unsure:

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1424555772' post='2697747']
Very nice! New bridge is an upgrade as the originals tended to crack & bend in half! Just stick a couple of black speed knobs on it & it'll be sorted.

I do like mine but never really play it as the single P unit doesn't get the sound I want too easily. Should I flog it? :unsure:

Jon.
[/quote]

i think you may regret it if you do sell it, as dude said they are underated although if you are not use it much and dont need it as a spare it might be worth selling if you can find a buyer who will also look after it too.

with regards to my track 2 and the knobs yeah they are easily changed but in no rush to do that and just to confirm did they come with the little knob pointers under the knobs or were these added on?

[quote name='andy159' timestamp='1424598468' post='2698033']did they come with the little knob pointers under the knobs or were these added on?
[/quote]

They came with them - mine has them, and I have a matching Westbury Standard guitar which has them too.

I do really need to have a cull - recently moved to a smaller place & realised how out-of-hand my bass-hoarding had got! I do like the Westy but I've only gigged it once in the 7-or-so years I've had it. It's provisionally on the hit-list, but like you say they don't come up too often, it'd be hard to find another.

J.