Why become a member? ×

Fully refurbished Kay

Check out the chasm around the neck pocket - if you fell down that, you'd have to gnaw off your own arm to escape.

If it went for £30 it might be worth getting a scratchplate that fitted, but it's still a plywood Korean copy with an embarassing brand name!

Jon.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1424700951' post='2699289']
If it went for £30 it might be worth getting a scratchplate that fitted, but it's still a plywood Korean copy with an embarrassing brand name!
[/quote]

Plywood's trendy now, isn't it? You could sand off the 'K' logo and write 'Columbus' in Sharpie, thus tripling the value.

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1424701090' post='2699293']
Plywood's trendy now, isn't it? You could sand off the 'K' logo and write 'Columbus' in Sharpie, thus tripling the value.
[/quote]

Go the whole hog and "Ibanez" it. Straight £500 mark up, no messing. :ph34r:

J.

He's just "refurbed" it by buying a generic P type guard & hoping for the best, I'd say. The original would've just been a different shape.

Shouldn't really be a deal breaker if it was cheap enough - the bass is probably halfway decent, late 70s/early 80s Kays were made by Cort, and are significant cut above the Taiwanese stuff from the early 70s.

J.

[quote name='Bassassin' timestamp='1424702362' post='2699326']
Shouldn't really be a deal breaker if it was cheap enough - the bass is probably halfway decent, late 70s/early 80s Kays were made by Cort, and are significant cut above the Taiwanese stuff from the early 70s.
[/quote]

That's what I thought... I've got a bid on it. :ph34r: