Why become a member? ×

Traded
£575

P-T-P

An old flame has come available and I need to raise some funds so looking to sell this monster.

[attachment=186054:fender_70s_jazz_black.jpg]

It's a Fender Classic Series 70s Jazz Bass in black with rosewood board and the Fender info page is here [url="http://intl.fender.com/en-GB/series/classic/70s-jazz-bass-rosewood-fingerboard-black-3-ply-bwb-pickguard/"]http://intl.fender.c...-bwb-pickguard/[/url]

What makes this bass a little extra special is that instead of the standard Mex pickups and electronics, this bad boy is sporting a set of Fender Custom Shop 60s pick-ups along with the Fender vintage wiring kit, including CTS pots; cloth wiring and orange drop capacitor.

It sounds epic and has far more grunt than either US 75 reissue I've owned. There's real bark and bite in the tone whenever the bridge pick-up is favoured and the neck pick-up has a lovely warmth. Both pick-ups together and the tone rolled off a smidge is my weapon of choice but it does so much more.

The neck is really comfy to play with what I would describe as a medium action (how meaningful that is to anyone I don't know!), and I haven't made any major changes to the set-up (raised the E string a little) but I think, with a little tinkering, the action could go a lot lower. I find playing slap style on this more comfortable than on any other bass I've owned and it sounds terrific.

I'm looking for £575 ono and that price includes an almost brand new hard case plus the original pick-ups and pots. Prefer collection but P&P in UK possible for £25.

Not really looking for trades but I suppose if you have a Yamaha 1024x, 1025x or a Lakland 4/5 I could always be tempted.

PM me or give me a call/tx on 07515 929935.

Pete

Edited by P-T-P