Why become a member? ×

SR5 for sale - £550 o.n.o. **NOW SOLD**

silverfoxnik

Hi Folks,

This is a very nice SR5 that used to belong to OBBM until he sold it to the guitarist in our band Tony, who bought it for use in his studio. However, as his wife has decided they're going to have yet another holiday in Australia next February, he wants to raise some money for that.. So this in now up for sale.

I've used it a couple of times at gigs, most infamously when I locked all my gear in the boot of my car on the way to a gig once and Tony lent me this to get through the gig!! It's a classic sounding SR5, plays great but has seen a bit of action in it's time so it's cosmetically not perfect. But if it's that MM sound you're after, then this is it!

Collection preferred from Woodingdean near Brighton but it could be posted if absolutely necessary.. any questions, please PM me or post here and I'll pass them on for you and get a reply..

Here's some pics..

[attachment=12314:Bass01.JPG] [attachment=12315:Bass02.JPG][attachment=12316:Bass03.JPG] [attachment=12317:Bass04.JPG][attachment=12321:Bass08.JPG] [attachment=12322:Bass09.JPG] [attachment=12324:Bass11.JPG]

Cheers

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

Thanks for the replies. I'll check the age from Tony but i suspect the only to find out is via the Ernie Ball website or OBBM?

The reason it's selling at this price is because that's what Tony has asked me to list it for... In fact, believe he bought it from OBBM for £600 so given that, it's not an unfair price I suppose.

PM returned Russ..

I bought this new in 1998. Used it for several years and it picked up a few knocks and dents along the way. I have basses for using not for show. Took it to Austin, Texas to make an album so it's flown in the cargo hold long hail. Had the nut replaced with a brass nut for extra zing. I tried various pick-ups in it but when sold it was back to standard. I thought the £600 I sold it for was very fair considering the condition and what I paid for it new. Oh and I sold it because I had completed and was very happy with the Status necked SR5 and couldn't justify having two of them.

Here we are at Bognor Live 2002.

It's a good one, go for it.

[quote name='obbm' post='264051' date='Aug 17 2008, 06:15 PM']I bought this new in 1998. Used it for several years and it picked up a few knocks and dents along the way. I have basses for using not for show. Took it to Austin, Texas to make an album so it's flown in the cargo hold long hail. Had the nut replaced with a brass nut for extra zing. I tried various pick-ups in it but when sold it was back to standard. I thought the £600 I sold it for was very fair considering the condition and what I paid for it new. Oh and I sold it because I had completed and was very happy with the Status necked SR5 and couldn't justify having two of them.

It's a good one, go for it.[/quote]
Thanks for that info OBBM; great photo btw!!

[quote name='joe_bass' post='264592' date='Aug 18 2008, 02:15 PM']Oh crap why did I come in here & see this. Was planning on a SR in the future!

Your profile says you're based in Littlehampton, are you over more that way any time soon? I actually live in Worthing.[/quote]
I'm in Littlehampton but the bass belongs to our guitarist Tony, who lives in Woodingdean just outside of Brighton.. If you want to speak to him directly to sort something out, PM me your details and I'll pass them onto him..

Nice to hear of another West Sussex based Basschatter!

[quote name='obbm' post='264051' date='Aug 17 2008, 05:15 PM']I bought this new in 1998. Used it for several years and it picked up a few knocks and dents along the way. I have basses for using not for show. Took it to Austin, Texas to make an album so it's flown in the cargo hold long hail. Had the nut replaced with a brass nut for extra zing. I tried various pick-ups in it but when sold it was back to standard. I thought the £600 I sold it for was very fair considering the condition and what I paid for it new. Oh and I sold it because I had completed and was very happy with the Status necked SR5 and couldn't justify having two of them.

It's a good one, go for it.[/quote]

I was in Austin about 3 months ago, loved it!