Why become a member? ×

Courtesy to fellow basschatters

RJB280

A pet hate of mine, You place an item up for sale and get a response from Mr 'very interested' who asks various questions about said item and wants to know if its still available. You take the time to answer as fully and accurately as you can and ask Mr 'very interested' if he would like to view the item, and what happens next ? Absolutely nothing !! does this sound familiar to you ?
Now perhaps i am old fashioned, but all it takes is a few minutes to show fellow basschatters a bit of respect and courtesy even if the response is 'thanks but no thanks' at least it is a response and everyone can move on.
This is a great site and provides a great service to bass players everywhere, lets show courtesy and respect to fellow bass player cos we are all part of the same brotherhood.

There, now its off my chest and thank you for listening !

Yep, I`ve had enquiries from people, replied answering their questions, no further response. My feelings won`t be hurt if someone says they`re no longer interested in the item I`m selling now I`ve answered their questions but agree a bit of politeness wouldn`t take that long.

This is good advice! A simple "no thanks" is better than keeping someone hanging on.

Although to my shame, I did get interested in some cabs on here about two/three years ago, told the guy I wanted them and then couldn't get the cash together meaning I'd messed him about for 2 days. I still feel guilty about that!

If you want to sell something it's part of the cost , it might be a friendly community but you are not giving something away.

I agree a "thanks for info but it's not for me" is nice and I'd always attempt to do so, but I don't think it's a crime if you forget.

Of course if you feel someone is asking to many questions you have to decide who's worth entertaining, just like any business transaction.

Par for the course of selling things online or dealing with the public in general for that matter.

I assume you posting this has been prompted by a recent failed transaction on here? Have you talked it through with them via PM first?