Why become a member? ×

Sansamp bass driver di and using effects chains

Rick05

Hi All,

I am new to effects pedals want to try and get the best bass sounds possible and understand how to use them all effectively.

I have an ashdown compressor, sansamp bass driver, big muff and nano clone chorus, but wondered what order is best for these effects. The manual says the sansamo should go just after the bass itself, but I have also been recommended to put it after the amp and compressor in the chain.

My current band play a royal blood, queens of the stone age, kyuss style so I like a bit of distortion and drive.

Also from reading posts I have become a bit confused when people to refer to the beginning or end of the effects chain, does this refer to starting at the bass or starting at the amp. Sorry if this is a stupid question.

Thanks for reading this,

Rick

I would start off with compressor, muff, chorus, Sansamp, with the option of swapping around the last two, particularly if you are using the Sansamp as an overdrive and not sending its DI out to the desk.

There are no solid rules so use what sounds best, but that is the order I would use!

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1428117591' post='2738237']
I would start off with compressor, muff, chorus, Sansamp, with the option of swapping around the last two, particularly if you are using the Sansamp as an overdrive and not sending its DI out to the desk.

There are no solid rules so use what sounds best, but that is the order I would use!
[/quote]

Hi,

Thanks so much for replying to this, I am learning a lot from hearing about peoples experience with effects. Just to ask, this means to you would start with the compressor from the bass and sansamp connected to the amp?

Just from playing around with Comp, big muff, sansamp, chorus its sounds awesome. Its a bit noisy with chorus before sansamp and I get a heartbeat through the amp. Sound cool, but maybe not during a set.

Thanks again,

Rick

Edited by Rick05