Why become a member? ×

The Bass That Got Away (probably)

alembic1989

I'm having an interesting experience at the moment on " The Bay".
I just won the bidding on a killer bass..no reserve..and no one else bid on it!
But the seller has gone all quiet. I was hoping for an invoice yesterday morning for the revised total including shipping ( the bidding ended Saturday evening)... But no reply..even though I messaged him yesterday evening.
He could be away for Easter (possible).., but I have a suspicion that he's not gonna give me the bass...cos he's gutted at the low price I won it for.
I know there's nothing I can do about it...and tbh I'd feel the same as him...BUT...I'm GUTTED nevertheless.
😭😭😭😭

EBay's rules & regs state that if the seller put's an item up for sale with no reserve, then it's a sale, ad that it's all above board & legal.

The seller will be charged the listing fee and the selling fee no matter what.

Not sure if the buyer can open a dispute against the seller if no money has changed hands.

[quote name='Skybone' timestamp='1428323948' post='2740185']
EBay's rules & regs state that if the seller put's an item up for sale with no reserve, then it's a sale, ad that it's all above board & legal.

The seller will be charged the listing fee and the selling fee no matter what.

Not sure if the buyer can open a dispute against the seller if no money has changed hands.
[/quote]

That's some consolation..he'll be out of pocket for quite a few quid then.
I can't be bothered to start a dispute..especially as you say..no money has changed hands (yet).

Similar happened to me, I won a bass at the reserve price of £680 (I think) - a few previously on there had happened to go for about £300 more. The day after the seller contacted me and said there was an intermittent problem with the electrics, so it would only be fair to not sell it to me. I could have sorted them out with a Ki0gon wiring loom for £30 and still had a bargain but at that point, no matter how much a bargain, he was no longer getting any of my money.

This happened to me. Won the bidding on a Hohner Jack and paid for it. Been after one for years so was really excited. Time please passed, didn't return my messages. Only heard from him after I opened a case with eBay. By then I'd had enough so asked for my money back. Prob for the best really :-( that's what I keep telling myself anyway

Had a similar experience. I won a Yamaha B100 (1st model) head from german e-bay for about 20€. The seller never sent me an invoice for the combined item and P&P.

I opened a case against him on e-bay after i saw the same item being relisted with the same description and even the pics and they replied to me that they were going to act against him and block his account.

I never knew what happened to the seller but that second listing went through and ended even cheaper than what i've won it the first time... karma is a b*tch ;)