Why become a member? ×

Fender Custom Shop - new additions to 2015 range

Chiliwailer

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428599996' post='2742915']
Is this Basschat or Bassbitch?
[/quote]

Sorry Chili. Cards on the table here, I do love Fender - main bass a vintage J and I'm currently gassing for a P (maybe even with a J neck!). Bitching too easy though, esp for the CS marketing crap they always trot out.

Also congratulations - that was your 666 post.

Edited by Drax

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428600584' post='2742927']
Ok, so if it's hesding in that direction, how about a Fenderbitch section?

I'll start it off with 'there hasn't been a real Fender since Jan 1965 so we've all been duped, discuss....'
[/quote]

Why post on an internet forum if people's opinions bother you?

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1428600714' post='2742929']

Sorry Chili. Cards on the table here, I do love Fender - main bass a vintage J and I'm currently gassing for a P (maybe even with a J neck!). Bitching too easy though, esp for the CS marketing crap they always trot out.
[/quote]

I'm not saying your wrong Drax, I wouldn't disagree with any of the arguments, and you make a fair point. But the bitching is so obvious and repetitive.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1428600943' post='2742935']

Why post on an internet forum if people's opinions bother you?
[/quote]

You're way off the mark. If I was bothered I'd be more confrontational, my last comment was actually to attempt to inject some fun into a topic that has been derailed from a 'you may want to check this out' type post and into a boring and repetitive anti Fender one.

I'm not bothered about people disliking Fender. I've said it feels like Bassbitch at times. Does that bother you?

Edited for sepellgn

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428601197' post='2742939']
You're way offf the mark. If I was bothered I'd be more confrontational, my last comment was actually to I attempt to inject some fun into a topic that has been derailed from a 'you may want to check this out' type post and into a boring and repetitive anti Fender one.

I'm not bothered about people disliking Fender. I've said it feels like Bassbitch at times. Does that bother you?
[/quote]

Nah, not at all. If you want repetitive, look at the bizarre tat they're constantly churning out while their fortunes wane.

They're fiddling while Rome burns. And the tune they're playing is terrible.

I'm a Fender fan, but they're killing the brand.

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1428601339' post='2742943']

Nah, not at all. If you want repetitive, look at the bizarre tat they're constantly churning out while their fortunes wane.

They're fiddling while Rome burns. And the tune they're playing is terrible.

I'm a Fender fan, but they're killing the brand.
[/quote]

Genuine question, no confrontation intended at all: What would you release for the CS 2016 line if you had control?

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428601487' post='2742944']

Genuine question, no confrontation intended at all: What would you release for the CS 2016 line if you had control?
[/quote]

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1428601786' post='2742947']
I wouldn't. I'd return the CS to what it was originally. A bespoke custom shop.

At the moment, it's just glorified production-line stuff with fancy marketing and case candy.
[/quote]

Walked into that one.....

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1428602012' post='2742952']
I'd like a CS bass builder, with all the custom options and colours, so you could tick all the spec and see it built on the screen. They have this on the 'American Vintage' site but only a few variations.
[/quote]

Nice, like that.

[quote name='Drax' timestamp='1428602012' post='2742952']
I'd like a CS bass builder, with all the custom options and colours, so you could tick all the spec and see it built on the screen. They have this on the 'American Vintage' site but only a few variations.
[/quote]

Id liked to see more modern varieties, like a USA std but with lightweight wood options and 1/4 sawn necks. Relics and vintage reissues have their place, but there has been just so much of it. Obviously that's what people want, they sell in their masses, but a different modern option would be cool too. They are getting there with the new postmodern at least.

P's and Jazzes are great basses, if it's all about not reinventing the wheel then more options of a proven great bass would be nice.

This all just in my opinion etc etc etc

Edited by Chiliwailer

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1428601786' post='2742947']
I wouldn't. I'd return the CS to what it was originally. A bespoke custom shop.

At the moment, it's just glorified production-line stuff with fancy marketing and case candy.
[/quote]

I agree, which is why I said there was nothing of interest..I couldn't see anything that was
what I would understand a custom shop to be, and the models looked the same as much of the
usual fare in an already bloated and confused line..

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428599996' post='2742915']
Is this Basschat or Bassbitch?
[/quote]

Er... I thought it was BitchBass! Actually I love Fenders me, to the extent that I'll even have custom instruments made that look just like them. I like [i]real [/i]Fenders too though, anything vintage especially. I'm fully into Leo's thing and the whole history and I'll obsess about the minutiae of hardware, which bridge or tuners went where and when, etc etc etc. I just don't think FMIC's marketing is all that great. They never seem to give people what they actually [i]want[/i], instead churning out half-baked ideas like this 'postmodern' P/J abomination.

Edited by discreet

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1428608697' post='2743056']

They never seem to give people what they actually [i]want[/i], instead churning out half-baked ideas like this 'postmodern' P/J abomination.
[/quote]

What would you like to see?

[quote name='Chiliwailer' timestamp='1428609232' post='2743064']
What would you like to see?
[/quote]

How about an Aged Olympic White Jazz body with twin Precision pickups, an Aguilar OPB-3 circuit and a one-piece maple Precision neck with black 3-ply pickguard and black blocks and a 70s TV logo? THUMP, CRASH, BOOM, ROAR!!

Edited by discreet

[quote name='Billy Apple' timestamp='1428609427' post='2743069']
I quite like the idea of a J neck on a P body. I think the P easily looks the best out of the two, but it's a bit slimmer for the old fingeringtons
[/quote]

Pshaw! Your high-end USA Spector has turned you gay! :P

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1428609861' post='2743081']

How about an Aged Olympic White Jazz body with twin Precision pickups, an Aguilar OPB-3 circuit and a one-piece maple Precision neck with black 3-ply pickguard and black blocks and a 70s TV logo? THUMP, CRASH, BOOM, ROAR!!
[/quote]

Haha! That'd be one hell of a signature bass too. Sounds like a monster, nice :)

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1428596713' post='2742879']
Fender are just coming out with daft stuff these days. I'm sick of waiting for a decent PJ with blocks, so I've ordered a custom build from Maruszczyk for MIM money.
[/quote]

FSC have made some 'customer demand' instruments recently, for example the 2012 (I think) Precision Pro (Oly White, P/J, rosewood neck with blocks), Reggie Hamilton Sig (again P/J with blocks). I'd guess these instruments simply didn't sell sufficiently well or they'd have made more of them (perhaps there's some disparity between what sells well in the UK and what sells well in the US and other key Fender markets). They've also made some, to my eye, less attractive instruments, examples being the 2014 Pro instruments, the La Cabronita, and some of the recent masterbuild sig models. However, look at the FCS (or previous incarnation) history; since the early 80's it's been characterised by three strands; enhanced Ps and Js, high quality RIs of Ps and Js, and often poorly conceived 'innovations'. I don't see a whole lot of difference at present, in fact I think their current RIs are the best ever, up there with the early 80's Fullertons. OK, I'd never order a custom build from them, but I have two recent CS Precisions and they're both outstanding, as good as any pre-CBS I've owned. Of course, neither have blocks but I can live with that :rolleyes:

[quote name='Beedster' timestamp='1428611156' post='2743106']

I have two recent CS Precisions and they're both outstanding, as good as any pre-CBS I've owned.
[/quote]

....grrrr....thanks for the reminder pal, that 55 Relic is insanely good. Glad you're loving it :)

What's the other one?