Why become a member? ×

TRADED! Please delete!
£1950

4low

Well - my 5-string Marleaux Diva finally won the race to be my favourite fretless bass... therefore, my CS Jaco Sig. is leaving, as I find it hard to maintain a decent fretless tone on two different instruments...

For sale is my Fender Custom Shop Jaco Pastorius Tribute Heavy Relic Fretless Jazz Bass.

I bought it last year from the first owner... I am having a tough time describing the condition as "mint" - as the bass was built to look like it had been dragged behind an Truck over a bumpy road for 3 days...
With this Tribute model, the Fender Custom Shop wanted to replicate the look (and sound) of Jaco's "Bass of Doom" (before it was destroyed and completely restored) as close to the original as possible. And as we know, Jaco never really paid much attention to keeping his bass in decent condition...
Anyway, to my knowledge, no additional damage was added to this bass after it was delivered...
Special attention to the heavy relic on the back of the neck:the legend says that Jaco used to eat fried chicken before gigs, and then went to the show without washing the grease off his fingers first - to make the neck even faster... well, that's what the neck looks like... (but I can assure you it doesn't smell like that...) and feels like: a neck which was played heavily over decades...

Specs:
- Alder body in 3-color sunburst, nitro lacquered, Heavy Relic finish
- Maple neck with epoxy coated Rosewood fretboard, 21 "frets" (well, fret marks)
- Fender Custom 60s Single Coil Jazz Bass Pickups

The epoxy coating is very effective - you'd have to use a magnifying glass to find microscopic playing marks - even though i am currently playing Fender nickels...

The bass plays incredibly easy and sounds, well, like a real Jaco... you'll come close to the "maestro's" tone, even though you'll never get there 100% without Jaco's physiognomy and technical abilities... but the bass' basic tonal character is unmistakingly a "Jaco"...

Original Hardcase and Custom Shop certificat included, as well as Custom shop strap and cable..

£ 1,950 / 2700 € plus shipping if needed.

Located near Munich, Germany.

Edited by 4low