Why become a member? ×

£SOLD! Squier Jazz 'Crafted in Indonesia' in simply lovely condition!
£120

iconic

Having a clearout and I really am going to get down to one bass, this is the second and priced to sell as they say:-

Model: Squier (Fender) Jazz Bass Affinity, Crafted in Indonesia
Telehone number: 07753-495111
Local railway station: Diss which is 80 mins out of London Liverpool Street, I can collect you given enough notice.

Here we have my Candy Red Squier jazz bass, I've a real soft spot for this 'un as she got back me back into jazz's in a cheap way, she is a very cheery & welcoming and no nonsense bass, does everything I could wish for.

She is an Indonesian built bass not the Chinese one that comes in the Squier kits, although I'm sure they are good too.

Lower end bass's can be a bit of a lottery (crapshoot as they say across the pond) but these Affinities get a lot of love from the less 'brand snobby' players here so I took the plunge and found out that, to be me, I can make a expensive bass sound just as bad as a cheap well build and well set up one & sometimes with a bit of luck and a tailwind just as good too....took me a few quid to expose this flaw in my playing though ;)

She really is a very good solid and very playable bass indeed. No rough frets, good leveling, nice warm pots, trussrod works fine, nothing not to like, very well finished all-around with very impressive paintwork.

She's in super clean condition thruout, barely used and any marks you see will be highlights on the photo, she is as clean as one could hope for a secondhand bass. No buckle rash, horrible digs, dings and other uncared for nastiness.

Recent Fender Super bass strings, the last of my old batch with the red wraps and currently set up medium, I now play with a very light finger action so if you wish I can set her lower, she will take it.

She has I would say 'warm' pups very nice tone indeed everything I wanted from a typical jazz tone, control pots work very progessively from smooth 'n creamy on the neck pup to old school funk on the bridge pup. Good tuners that keep tune for ages...like a good tuner should.

Nice thin racey neck and not too deep and quite light too, lighter than a Squier Vintage Modified for example, I think the bodies on these Squier's are slightly thinner than a VMJ too which makes them feel nice too.

I can post but will have to be in very well packed cardboard box.

Testdrives welcome I have a very loud Peavey TNT 115BW here with NO neighbours and a host of backing tracks should you wish to have a lengthy noodle, tea/coffee/hot choccy and various biscuits available at no extra charge, I'm good like that!

PLEASE AND WITH RESPECT IF YOU TXT-PHONE-PM TO SAY TO YOU WANT THIS BASS, PLEASE ASK YOUR WIFE/SIGNIFICANT OTHER, CHECK YOUR FINANCIAL CIRCUMSTANCES, SEEK LONG TERM EMPLOYMENT PROSPECTS, ASTROLOGICAL OUTLOOK BEFORE COMMITTING AS I SEEM TO BE HAVING A RUN OF 'ERM LESS FORTUNATE BASSCHATTERS B)

Thanks for looking guys (and girls)

[attachment=190407:01-DSCF3102.JPG][attachment=190408:02-DSCF3103.JPG][attachment=190409:04-DSCF3105.JPG][attachment=190410:05-DSCF3106.JPG][attachment=190411:06-DSCF3107.JPG][attachment=190412:07-DSCF3108.JPG][attachment=190413:08-DSCF3109.JPG][attachment=190416:12-DSCF3113.JPG][attachment=190415:10-DSCF3111.JPG][attachment=190414:09-DSCF3110.JPG]

Edited by iconic