Why become a member? ×

***SOLD*** Yamaha BB605 in black, with NE-1 preamp
£250

TRBboy

Hey folks,

Up for sale is my sexy black Yamaha BB605. These basses were launched as a mid-range version of the Nathan East signature model, and feature the outstanding and much-revered NE-1 preamp that the signature model had to too.

This bass is just incredible, lightweight, compact body, very easy to play and a lovely comfortable, fast neck. It sounds amazing, and I think in a blind test most people would swear it was some sort of boutique super-jazz. It's by far the best bass at this sort of price point I've owned or played, and I think whoever buys it will be very pleased.

Not sure how old it is exactly, I assume late nineties but could be wrong. As such, there are signs of use, but really the only significant one is a nasty scratch by the bottom horn (see photos), other than that it's in very good shape for its age. The neck is lovely, and there is virtually no sign of fret wear. It's currently string with Dunlop Super Brights 45 - 125.

I'm looking for £xxx or nearest offer, to include next day UK courier delivery (UK mainland). I have priced this to sell quickly, but please pm me if you want to make an offer.

Thanks for looking! :D

Here's the spec from yamaha:

This BB Series 5-string model features a built-in NE1 Parametric EQ and the BBNE2 Nathan East style body silhouette. ・Nathan East Sculpted Body Design ・Solid Alder Body ・5-String Maple Neck ・Rosewood Fingerboard ・24 Frets ・Single Coil Pickups ・Nathan East NE-1 Parametric EQ ・Diecast Chrome Tuners/Hardware

Edited by TRBboy

[quote name='Len_derby' timestamp='1430426871' post='2761446']
How would you say this compares to TRB1005 (Korean made) in terms of playability and general quality?
[/quote]

Well I used to pretty much exclusively play a TRB1004 & a TRB1005. Not certain that they were Korean, but they were some of the earlier 100x series. The BB is different, but familiar. On the face of it, it looks less 'fancy', but you can tell that the quality of materials is there. The fretboard is a lovely piece of rosewood, and the alder body is lightweight but extremely resonant. The natural feel and tone of this bass is really superb.

As for playability, it's a yamaha! :D Seriously though, it is such a joy to play very easy, and instantly homely and familiar to me. It's much more compact feeling and lighter weight than the TRBs, really very ergonomically friendly.

To be honest, I wish yamaha still made this type of BB. I think for me, these pretty much encompass all of my favourite things about yamaha basses.

Starting to think I'm gonna regret this! :D

Edited by TRBboy