Why become a member? ×

NBD, Epiphone content.

tom1946

So I'm looking for a lightweight bass and we travelled to York last Saturday to pester Gear fo Music's big store. Trouble is there wasn't anything light enough apart from a couple of Ibanez Semi's which were actually quite heavy. The only other thing hanging there was an Epi Viola McCartney bass, the guy said "go on give it a try" so I picked it up and it was very light indeed.

I felt a bit glum as I plugged it into a tiny little amp that was connected to a huge cab and switched it on. Oh my God, my ears are still bleeding! my brain broke loose from its moorings and bounced around my skull. How powerful were those pickups? Immense things, anyway I turned the volumes down from 2 to one and started to enjoy this bass but what impressed me most was the fit, finish and quality of materials used.

The grain is superb both front and back and matches beautifully, the rosewood board grain is tight all the way up and the fret edges are a work of art, I haven't seen this kind of build quality on a bass for some time.

I had to buy it. The price of all this? They sell for £229 in their store but because I'm a regular online customer I paid just £159!
wow.etc' happy bunny.

Not saying this is my new gigging bass but when my back is really bad, well you know....

Edited by tom1946