Why become a member? ×

Performing in France - small venue pointers please.

Guest Jecklin

Guest Jecklin

I'm very keen to play a few dates in France from late Autumn this year.

I'm casting my net wide for promoters and venues so thought I'd add to my search by asking here too.
I know there are a few France based members and I'm sure a few members have gigged in France too.

I'm looking for venues within easy reach of Paris - I have to move my equipment by rail, so it's Eurostar in the first instance.

If anyone knows small venues (100-200 capacity) or promotoers with a leaning towards electronic or forward looking electroacoustic music I'd be very grateful for any pointers.

Similarly I'm all ears for annecdotes and experiences of playing original music in France.

I think you'll have to find a promoter in your genre and get them to sponsor/put together a plan.
First time out is going to be very low key which means you'll be lucky to make your exes.
You should have contact with social media outlets for your type of music and try to hook up from
there. As always, someone knows someone, knows someone..

Guest Jecklin

[quote name='chris_b' timestamp='1430303899' post='2759983']
If a promoter offers you a gig with a share of the bar take. . . . know it won't include credit card sales, which could be a large part of the night's sales.
[/quote]

This is very good info' thank you.

Most of the events I do tend to be pre-aaranged fees, but other arrangements do occur.

Guest Jecklin

[quote name='JTUK' timestamp='1430303670' post='2759978']
You should have contact with social media outlets for your type of music and try to hook up from
there. As always, someone knows someone, knows someone..
[/quote]

Yes already on this with various
contacts, but thought I'd put a shout out here for precisely the someone who knows someone additional connections :)

Cheers

Guest Jecklin

[quote name='leschirons' timestamp='1430410746' post='2761182']
Are you talking solo act or a band?
[/quote]

I perform solo Leschirons