Why become a member? ×

Opening a dispute on eBay.

ambient

I bought an MXR Chorus pedal off a guy on eBay, and paid via paypal over a week ago. Still no pedal, and he's not replying to messages, emails or text messages (I got his phone number off eBay).

I can't open a dispute though until the 5th May, because that's what they say is the end of the delivery between period.

I mean it's only coming from London, though his address seems to be in Bristol ?

Not happy anyway.

I agree, just be patient. I've had a couple of issues with no shows on ebay (one I suspect got lost in the system, one I think was more fraudulent) and both got resolved pretty quickly and entirely satisfactorily. The paypal/ebay system is really well set up to protect the buyer. Still, it's pretty irritating to wait for the resolution eh!

Also, the guy might be having a really tough week, they happen. Fingers crossed it all turns out for the best.

Is he a 'big' seller, or just a few bits? It seems that many people take a very casual attitude towards selling on Ebay; you may find he's completely forgotten about any listings and gone on holliday for a fortnight! Although I can see that this probably doesn't make you feel any better :) Personally, when I sell an item on Ebay I make a point of 'firing off' a "thanks for the payment, I'll get this shipped off to you ASAP" type message just to confirm all is well. But simple things like this that put a buyers mind at ease are obviously too much for some, and many sellers avoid any more contact than they feel is necessary

Edited by mentalextra

Open a dispute with ebay. I recently bought an iphone 6 from someone on there for a really good price. Of course there was no phone. He was still offering them for sale after I had been fleeced!
I believe there were several other people who were done as well.
Paypal refunded me in a couple of days.
The seller had built up a good seller reputation building up excellent feedback selling cheap tat before reeling us in. <_<