Why become a member? ×

Need a little bit of advice about Amp's

bubinga5

i have an Aguilar 500 sc. Im would like something more lightweight. I'm really not an expert on Amp's. first I'm wondering what its worth, and what i might get in replacement for it. maybe with some cash my way.

i do love the sound i get from this Amp, so sound wise I'm maybe looking for something like this.

tecamp sounds interesting and worth a look.
Had the Genz Benz 600 Streamliner and it was good altho a little more rounded or warmer tone than the 500SC.
Always Mark Bass or TC Electronic heads

Dave

From what I`ve read the Tonehammer is a warmer more rounded sound than the SC, with the SC having a more modern sound and attack to the notes. Not heard the SC but having the Tonehammers warm/rounded/vintage is a good way to describe them.

[quote name='Lozz196' timestamp='1430858151' post='2765388']
From what I`ve read the Tonehammer is a warmer more rounded sound than the SC, with the SC having a more modern sound and attack to the notes. Not heard the SC but having the Tonehammers warm/rounded/vintage is a good way to describe them.
[/quote]

AG500 sounds quite different from the TH series. Much cleaner and crisper.

I've owned, and liked, both but I wouldn't recommend moving from the AG to the TH unless someone was looking for a warmer, rounder tone.

I found the AG partnered the DB112's really well but got a bit harsh with SL112's.

The TH works well with both and I wanted to switch to lighter cabs so unsold my complete AG & DB rig.

Edited by molan