Why become a member? ×

Wish you had another input in your amp? - portable mixer!

mcnach

I did.

Well, not normally. But there are two situations that come to mind when I do/did:

One, simply at home. I may want to play along to the output from my laptop, or an mp3 player, or... But that one, at home, has a simple solution. I actually have a small mixer where my PC and various other things plug into... I can get electric guitars through a V-Amp, microphones... whatever I wish. But, you know, sometimes you may want to take your little amp somewhere, and a little mixer would be handy.

Two, and this is the real one, out in the wild, without possibility to plug in.
I was looking at the PJB Briefcase, and it looks great, battery operated and all, but only one input.
I use a much cheaper solution (and of course, not as good sounding, but it works) for busking, in the shape of a small 10" powered speaker thingy, sold as a mini PA system. It came with a terrible terrible wireless microphone, but it is small, light, more than loud enough, and battery life is pretty good. Sometimes I would have liked to let my drummer, playing a cajon, be amplified through my amp. He has a wonderful sounding minicajon, clearly a studio thing, barely any volume at all... three acoustic guitars drown him, let alone my bass. And trumpet. And another trumpet. And a sax.

I found this:

and it's great!

All the inputs you could wish for, and it can operate on 9V batteries!
Maplin, for the cost of a very cheap pedal.

I didn't even know these things existed!!! :lol:

[quote name='spectoremg' timestamp='1432189496' post='2778926']
I had one of these and I may have been using it wrong but it distorted everything?
[/quote]

Hmmm, mine works just fine. Tried it with mp3 player, couple of basses, electric guitar through a V-Amp, all into the MarkBass combo...

I've got something similar to this (and a spare) which I use at home so that I can also run a drum machine into my amp. Cost a tenner on ebay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mixer-4-Channel-Mono-Mic-Microphone-Instrument-Mini-Mixer-170-201-01310-/201352292527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee18828af

[quote name='TheGreek' timestamp='1432224060' post='2779413']
I've got something similar to this (and a spare) which I use at home so that I can also run a drum machine into my amp. Cost a tenner on ebay:

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Mixer-4-Channel-Mono-Mic-Microphone-Instrument-Mini-Mixer-170-201-01310-/201352292527?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2ee18828af"]http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ee18828af[/url]
[/quote]

Yeah, you can get a 4-channel mono version of the one I got for about £10 too. I just went for the one that has twice as much because it was only slightly larger and you can never have enough inputs! :lol: