Why become a member? ×

Is this really a Squier?

Guest MoJo

[quote name='MoJo' timestamp='1433243924' post='2789236']
Why would someone go to all the trouble of grafting a Korean Squier neck onto a non-Squier body to end up with a bass that is worth thrupence ha'penny? That's what I can't fathom out
[/quote]

I think it is most likely a Squier indeed. The bridge with the extra two screws.. yup, it's been used in some Squiers too. They've made so many different variations, that it doesn't surprise me to find a colour we haven't seen before. I don't see anything that screams "not a Squier", so I'd assume it is until proven wrong. Could be that someone use the neck to build something with another body, but it all looks pretty Squierish to me. I can't see anything weird with the shape of the horn either... I don't know.

Edited by mcnach

Guest MoJo

I have managed to get in touch with the previous owner, via his Sister. He bought the bass new in 1998 and has owned it ever since. Apart from the strings and the stickers, it's all original. Mystery solved. The Ambersil Sticker and Glue remover made light work of the remaining stickers. This is how it looks now

[URL=http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/markmojo1962/media/20150602_183629_zpsmskwonwf.jpg.html][IMG]http://i1332.photobucket.com/albums/w614/markmojo1962/20150602_183629_zpsmskwonwf.jpg[/IMG][/URL]