Why become a member? ×

Zoom MS-70cdr VS Zoom MS-50G

lefrash

I'm rejigging my board (again). I currently have a zoom ms60b doing the preamp/eq/fuzz/noisegate/tuner duties. Its AMAZING at this. I love everything this wee thing does. However, I kind of want to use it for a delay, which means I'd need to get a different pedal for fuzz, and maybe even a tuner (as you cant use the ms60b as a tuner and a tap tempo on the same patch). All of a sudden things have sprouted legs and I need a bigger board... and so on and so on....

So, my plan is to fire one of the other Zoom multi stomps at the end of my chain to deal with all the weirder bits and bobs... i.e modulations and tap delay. This would allow everything else as I have it to stay the same. I wonder who else uses either of these like I would? A quick gander through the 'post your pedalboard' thread and it seems a few folk do! My thoughts are to which one I'd be best to go for. To put itinto context, the modulation and delays onthe ms60b are more than enough for my needs and I'd never use the guitar amp sims etc, this is only for the modulations and delays. BUT, it might be cool to have a pedal onmy board that if I did decide to plug a guitar into it, I could get some nice amp sims...... Jeeeez GAS is hard sometimes!

Anyone got experience of either that could steer me in one direction? I'm going to buy 2nd hand, and the guitar one seems to come more often... thats another factor to consider...

Well from the effect i use from the ms60b: both the markbass cab sim and the bddi clone have bass mid and trebble controls (the markbass has a variable mid), so you may not need the eq. How i use it is to have the gate/pre/amp as always on, and then the last slot is whatever i need for the song (usually verb.) that i keep selected so i can bypass.