Why become a member? ×

Musicman Stingray trade for Warwick

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1434147920' post='2797242']
I know, I think he will struggle to find someone wishing to give up a Warwick for a bloody Stingray! ;)
[/quote]

Perhaps a straight swap for a Rockbass.

Think the ad has moved? this link worked for me: [url="http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/fs-ft-musicman-stingray-bass-guitar-fret-level-and-pro-setup-cash-or-warwick-/1120712139"]http://www.gumtree.com/p/guitar-instrument/fs-ft-musicman-stingray-bass-guitar-fret-level-and-pro-setup-cash-or-warwick-/1120712139[/url]

I would prefer a 2 band Ray to most Warwicks - except maybe a double buck, but that's just my GAS for a custom shop Warwick speaking...

• 3 weeks later...

LOLZ - interesting to see what people think of you...

This was my ad, and no, I didn't get any offers for a swap... although I almost got a JV in a trade.

I did get a good cash price for the Stingray though from a really nice guy in London. It was a truly great specimen of a bass. Absolutely rock solid. I miss it already... sigh :(

Why not trade a Warwick for a Stingray? They're equivalent market prices, but very very different experiences playing and sound wise.

[quote name='goonieman' timestamp='1435998666' post='2814217']
Why not trade a Warwick for a Stingray? They're equivalent market prices, but very very different experiences playing and sound wise.
[/quote]

Glad you got sorted ;)

On the matter of W / MM trade... I suppose the values depend on which model W folks are thinking about. There's a multitude of W basses but only one model of Stingray! :)

[quote name='goonieman' timestamp='1436005518' post='2814272']
yeah, I guess I was asking for an entry level German corvette or streamer...

Anyways, I got my German Corvette now and i'm loving it! Full review and pics coming soon - when the new knobs arrive... :)
[/quote]

Good to hear you are enjoying the Weather. It's a totally different experience to a Ray. I wouldn't want a Ray either.