Why become a member? ×

NOBD

paul j h

Slightly delayed new old bass day, recently got my 1973 Precision back from Guitar Angel after its extensive refurb. Some may remember I bought a 1973 Precision that had been "worked on" it had a jazz pickup, a battery box on the back, a maple neck that had been incorrectly fretted,P and J Bartolini active pickups and a black pick guard a la Marcus Miller. Here are the photos.
[attachment=194379:precision 001.JPG][attachment=194380:precision 006.JPG]

Now after the excellent work(wo)manship of Angela is her in all her glory, Cavities filled with ash the same as the original body, neck sanded and a hand selected rosewood board fitted and fretted with period correct fretwire, 62 Vintage reissue pick up fitted, new pots and output socket and refinished in vintage tinted Olympic white. She looks and plays amazing in my opinion. I am well please with the results.Here are the photos.
[attachment=194381:73 precision 001.JPG][attachment=194382:73 precision 002.JPG][attachment=194383:73 precision 003.JPG][attachment=194384:73 precision 004.JPG][attachment=194385:73 precision 005.JPG]

Thanks guys, it looks very white in the photos, but it is a more creamy colour in the flesh. The black pick guard is from my 78 Precision, I am going to swap them over and put the brown torti plate on this tomorrow as I think that will complete the look - thoughts?