Why become a member? ×

Bass Strings....what a tool!

lowlandtrees

Had a problem with the fridge a while back.......the drain was blocked and it was flooding. Used an old D string to push down the drain hole......solved. Today the main kitchen drain was blocked. The pipe has 3 bends on it so the purpose made tool would not go round the bends. Found an old B string and pushed it down there using pliers to turn and wiggle it round the bends......and done it.
I know......what a rock n roll life ! But take note..........don t chuck yer old strings...you never know when they might come in handy...now I m sounding like ma old man

I always use the old E roundwounds for that stupid drain thing down the back of the fridge, most of the others seem to end up supporting something in the garden. Since we got a new fridge/freezer a few months back I haven't done it yet - thanks for the reminder!

Thank you lowlandtrees, a brilliant idea for unblocking the shower waste pipe.
I will now be sorely tempted to take my g string off the EUB for the cucumber plant in the conservatory! Can we change the thread name to '101 alternative uses for bass strings'?