Why become a member? ×

Battery friendly Reverb

Oscar South

The problem with reverb pedals is that they are mainly digital units, which have a higher current draw than analogue units. There are some Spring Reverb pedals about (Demeter and Carl Martin make them, amongst others), but they ain't cheap, and they don't sound as natural as digital reverbs, which tend to model 'real' spaces...

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1435444416' post='2808923']
I'm interested to know why you prefer batteries?
Potential to run out at gigs, expensive, bad for the environment?! Lol

Si
[/quote]

Never had any issue with them and totally sidesteps even the possibility of hum trouble.

For years I've used a tuner, compressor, octaver and often a preamp/DI (plus active bass) on batteries. I buy a £10 pack of procells every 2-3 months and I've never had a pedal go mid gig (you can tell with a few hours spare anyway and I could easily drop out any pedal if I needed to).

I can see why others would prefer a power supply, but for myself.. if it ain't broke don't fix it!

[quote name='Oscar South' timestamp='1436539937' post='2819017']
Never had any issue with them and totally sidesteps even the possibility of hum trouble.

For years I've used a tuner, compressor, octaver and often a preamp/DI (plus active bass) on batteries. I buy a £10 pack of procells every 2-3 months and I've never had a pedal go mid gig (you can tell with a few hours spare anyway and I could easily drop out any pedal if I needed to).

I can see why others would prefer a power supply, but for myself.. if it ain't broke don't fix it!
[/quote]

What happens to all those spent batteries, then..? You use 'em like Lego bricks to build an out-house..? :unsure: