Why become a member? ×

Fender MIA Jazz 2006 Shoreline Gold S1(+Wizard 84's) SOLD
£650

Shambo

Reluctantly I'm putting up for sale my MIA Jazz. It dates from 2006/7 and I'm the second owner, having bought it in 2010. It came to me with factory round wounds that still had a lot of life in them so I surmise it was rather unloved before I bought it.

And loved it I have. I treated it to Wizard '84 pickups, (Andy Wizard old ones, the originals will be included in the sale), and KGB Guitars made an excellent job of setting it up wearing Labella 'Jameson' heavy flats. The action is low and smooth right across the board and it is very easy to play. It has the S1 switching system which is a useful addition to all the things a Jazz bass should normally do.

Cosmetically, I'd give it 9/10. I play most days and it's gigged a few times but mostly it's been babied. Played but well cared for. The body has no scratches or dings. The neck has two small marks maybe 3-5mm in length that are barely perceptible and you'd have to hunt to find them.

Discontinued Shoreline Gold is not like a sparkling gold, more like metallic beige, very understated. I don't own a pair of scales but I've owned 70's boat anchors and light basswood P & J's and this is neither. It's in the middle, best guess would be around the 10lb average. It comes with Fender strap, Schaller strap locks, (originals included), in its original hard case. The hard case is the worst thing about it. It has warped and is dinged and was basically just a terrible design but it will keep it safe during transit in the UK only.

I would like £650 for it delivered within the UK. No overseas sales please. Payment by bank transfer. Inspection and cash on collection is more than welcome and preferable, but you have to come to me in Plymouth because I don't drive.

Reluctant sale as I said. I’m a mature student with no summer income and bills to pay so no offers please and no trades. The best Jazz I have ever owned and I’ll be very sorry to see it go. I have all positive feedback. All sensible enquiries answered. Thanks for looking.

[attachment=195038:SAM_0090.JPG] [attachment=195039:SAM_0101.JPG] [attachment=195040:SAM_0109.JPG]
[attachment=195041:SAM_0107.JPG] [attachment=195042:New Year 2010 043.jpg]

Edited by Shambo

An epic sale and from a great guy (truly, Andy is a gentleman!)

Sorry to hear of the sale though as I know this has been your pride and joy for many years, someone will be pleased with this and bound to make a good friend in the making.

Take care Andy,
Grae