Why become a member? ×

Artec Parametric EQ pedal £20 inc delivery *** SOLD ***
£25

mcnach

£20 delivered

I bought this pedal at a whim because "OMG I could not possibly play the Precision without some kind of parametric EQ, right???" as I was so used to the John East preamps and this is completely passive.... :lol: of course, I find myself not using it. I took it to rehearsal once, and yes, it can produce a wide range of sounds, and I was tempted to keep it as I can get some fantastic reggae tones from it at the press of a switch... but it's just not seeing use, so let's free some GAS tokens ;)

Edited by mcnach

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

[quote name='Delberthot' timestamp='1460669481' post='3027814']
Everyone should own a pedal that offers extra width and gain ;)

Ideal if you have two very different basses that need a boost and some extra girth
[/quote]

this man is right! ;)

it allows you to dial in the midrange *just so* (or whatever, but I used for midrange)... it can make your bass cut through a little better when you're having a hard time being heard and the standard bass/amp controls don't offer the same degree of refined adjustment... or dial in that 'slap tone preset' that has the right amount of presence and depth, and eliminates unwanted volume differences between fingers and slap, for example... or dial in a deep yet defined reggae sound when it's a sound you only need in a few songs... or... (the list could go on).

In fact... I should probably keep it even if I don't use it right now. It's the second one of these that I've owned. My Stingray has a midsweep control (John East) and it's the bass I use the most these days... but I bet I'll go back to the Precision and I may miss this pedal...

So I guess this is the last bump :)

If there's no interest I'll let the post drop into obscurity :lol: