Why become a member? ×

Thomann

ednaplate

I've spent the evening browsing various websites comparing prices and whatnot and having spent some time on the Thomann website I can't see what the fuss is about. Two guitars I was interested in were at least £100-£150 more expensive than other UK based websites. I was under the impression that they were really cheap but I can't find much evidence of this. Granted they seem to have just about everything you would ever want from most well known brands but none of it is particularly cheap. Plus you don't get to haggle which is half the fun. I've heard from other BCers that they have an excellent returns policy but at the prices they are quoting they should have.

They're no Nirvana and like many retailers they're not exclusively cheaper than anywhere else and their prices have been hit lately by the poorer Euro/pound exchange rate.

However, they do offer a good service and some of their lines are very good value if you're on a budget. They're often worth a look but it's still worth shopping around. As you've noticed it depends upon what you're after.