Why become a member? ×

BTB1406: truss rod

biro

Guys, I am about to pull the trigger on one of these.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/bass/ibanez-btb1406e-premium-6-string-electric-bass

I know it's an odd question, but do you have any idea of whether this has one or two truss rods?

Thanks!

[quote name='Machines' timestamp='1437071622' post='2823406']
I'd say single, but not a problem because..

Ibanez BTB1406-VNF Features:
Neck type: BTB6 7pc Maple/Bubinga/Walnut neck-thru w/Graphite reinforcement rods
[/quote]

Yes, I would say that too. I must admit that I am a bit bothered by this as I had some sort of trauma with a single-rodded sixer, but I agree that one in the premium series shouldn't suffer from these problems. Thanks!

I would say not to worry because its an Ibanez.

My first proper bass after coming back to bass was an ibanez and I used to wonder why people used to go on about adjusting the truss rod in different temperatures, and different gauges of strings. Then I got a fender and understood :D

[quote name='Woodinblack' timestamp='1437073027' post='2823422']
I would say not to worry because its an Ibanez.

My first proper bass after coming back to bass was an ibanez and I used to wonder why people used to go on about adjusting the truss rod in different temperatures, and different gauges of strings. Then I got a fender and understood :D
[/quote]

This is actually very true. Well, let's say I have never had issues with dual truss rods, hence my slight preference. Hopefully, tomorrow the dealer will manage to send someone to open the crate. :)

I am going to open an NBD topic in due course, but for the time being suffice it to say that a truss rod is MORE than enough. In fact, if someone at the shop hadn't taken it upon himself to tighten this rod so much, I wouldn't have wasted so much time to loosen it.