Why become a member? ×

Online Bass Purchase – Am I over reacting?

bagsieblue

[quote name='HowieBass' timestamp='1437388061' post='2825464']
If that's the only blemish I'd accept that as a 'mint' or 'as new' condition - it's most definitely 'as new' because I'd say that's how the bass arrived when bought by the previous owner... it's a minor manufacturing defect/flaw/blemish that's been there from new. If it's really bugging you then you might drop some clear lacquer into the nick to fill it.
[/quote]

it would not bother me much and I'd accept it as "as new".

When I bought my Classic 50 precision the neck had an unsightly blemish, a small dark vein on the back of the neck. If I went by looks alone I'd probably change it... but it felt and sounded wonderful, so I would not change it for anything.

I'd keep it.

Guest bassman7755

[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1437389293' post='2825485']
Surely if the buyer is unhappy, [b]for whatever reason[/b], then he/she has the right to their money back
[/quote]

Well with ebay you have to have some reasonable claim that it not as described if its a private sale, if its a business seller then the statutory distance selling rules apply i.e. you have a right of return within a 7 day cooling off period for any purchase.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/gds/Distance-Selling-Regulations-And-eBay-/10000000000140381/g.html"]http://www.ebay.co.u...00140381/g.html[/url]

In this case if I liked the item in all other respects I'd keep it and maybe negotiate a small refund from the seller.

Edited by bassman7755