Why become a member? ×

Warwick Broadneck - how much can you adjust the string spacing?

funkyjimbob

Hi!

I am currently wondering if any of you lovely people can give me advice in regards to this question?

Basically, I had a Streamer Stage 1 which I loved, but then I moved over to Infinity's and therefore moved from broadneck to the standard string spacing.

I have been offered quite an awesome Streamer Stage 1 but it is obviously a broadneck, Could the spacing feasibly be moved in to 18mm? If not, has anyone had any luck playing basses with two different string spacings? Is it hard to get used to?

Thanks

I play a Warwick 4 string bass, I tried a BN Warwick at The LBGS a few years ago and found the standard wide string spacing to be easy to use.I guess going from a Warwick 5 to BN is more of a jump but you will soon adapt.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1437546579' post='2826846']
I'm sure it can, didn't try it with mine but could be done, neck still wide though :)

Instead, you could just stick with the infinity and let me nab the buckeye Streamer ;)
[/quote]

Ha I wish Kev but I've been after a Streamer Stage 1 (since I sold my last one anyway) for a while and almost wet my pants. If I start to play one more than the other you will me the first to know. :)