Why become a member? ×

Anyone using a Focusrite Forte with a Macbook ?

ambient

I just bought a new Forte interface, and I can't get it to work, which is extremely annoying.

I've downloaded the drivers/software off the site. I plug the unit into my laptop, switch it on, the display on the unit says 'Forte software required'.

It doesn't show up on my laptop when I go into system preferences.

When I open 'Forte control', it says no hardware is connected, even when it is.

Very annoying, because I planned to do some recording, also my laptop is the only means that I have to listen to music, and I can't.

Has anyone else bought one of these, and had a similar problem, and how did they get around it ?

:)

Hi Ambient,

<tech support hat on>
Are you using the original USB cable supplied with the Forte?
If the Forte is not showing up in preferences, then the computer is not seeing the unit at all.
Have you tested all of the USB ports on your Mac with the Forte?
What version of Forte Control do you have installed?

Si // Focusrite Technical Support

Which driver are you running? It seems there is a problem with an earlier USB driver (Novation 2.3), and later releases (2.5 and 2.7) addressed this.

[url="http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10346/novation-usb-driver-2.7.dmg"]http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downlo...[/url]

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1440259782' post='2849435']
Hi Ambient,

<tech support hat on>
Are you using the original USB cable supplied with the Forte?
If the Forte is not showing up in preferences, then the computer is not seeing the unit at all.
Have you tested all of the USB ports on your Mac with the Forte?
What version of Forte Control do you have installed?

Si // Focusrite Technical Support
[/quote]
[quote name='paul_5' timestamp='1440260298' post='2849437']
Which driver are you running? It seems there is a problem with an earlier USB driver (Novation 2.3), and later releases (2.5 and 2.7) addressed this.

[url="http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downloads/10346/novation-usb-driver-2.7.dmg"]http://d19ulaff0trnck.cloudfront.net/sites/default/files/novation/downlo...[/url]
[/quote]

Thanks !

I finally got it working. I'd tried unplugging the Forte from the Macbook, that didn't do anything, but when I unplugged the cable from the Forte it prompted it to upload the software that I'd downloaded from the Focusrite website.

The only other problem I need to solve, is that there's a registration card with the Forte, with a bundle code on. It's meant to have 18 digits, but mine's only got 17, so I can't register my Forte, or download the bundled software.

It's a great sounding interface though.

[quote name='ambient' timestamp='1440273893' post='2849574']

Thanks !

I finally got it working. I'd tried unplugging the Forte from the Macbook, that didn't do anything, but when I unplugged the cable from the Forte it prompted it to upload the software that I'd downloaded from the Focusrite website.

The only other problem I need to solve, is that there's a registration card with the Forte, with a bundle code on. It's meant to have 18 digits, but mine's only got 17, so I can't register my Forte, or download the bundled software.

It's a great sounding interface though.

[/quote]

Glad you got you got it up and working.
Regarding your code, add a 6 right at the end :)

Si // Focusrite Techical Support