Why become a member? ×

Ashdown Superfly 500w head with matching Superfly 500w 4 x 8 Cab
£285

Afternoon Gents,

Up for sale here is my Ashdown Superfly 500w (250w+250w) head and the matching 4x8 500w (again 250w+250w) cab, plus the various power leads, speakon cables etc.

The head has a few signs of wear on the top, mainly paint chipping, other than that is works great. The virtual EQ is a great little feature, comes with 30 pre-set EQ settings with enough space for 69 ‘home made’ settings. It is a 500w head by nature, however in order to utilise the full 500w you will need to either use two cabs at 250w a piece or use the Ashdown matching Superfly cabs as they have split inputs to allow you to run two 250w signals giving you the full 500w.

The cab again has a few signs of wear on the front grill, but again works perfectly. Having played 6 string bass through this little rig it is surprising that it can cope with the lows, but it does and very well too. Think Phil Jones style. Again, this is a split 2x250w job, so you’d either need two 250w amps running into each input, or much more sensibly, one Superfly head (luckily supplied!).

This is a cracking little rig, about a light weight as you can get for a 500w head and cab set up. If you’re after a low cost, low weight rig with a crisp, clean sound then you can’t go too far wrong with this. I’d rather sell them together because frankly they are designed to work together, but if there’s a separate interest in both then I would be prepared to split.

I’m asking £285 for the lot (including dual speakon cables and power lead) or £100 for the head and £200 for the cab.

I’m based in Wickford, in Essex and am on 07794459099, feel free to contact me to arrange a viewing, there’s complimentary libations and maybe a biscuit (if I can find one!) if you want to swing by for a test. I don’t mind meeting to do a deal if it’s not hundreds of miles away, drop me a text or PM and we’ll discuss options. Postage should be possible for £30 or so too.

Cheers! Jules.

• 1 month later...