Why become a member? ×

More Fuzzrocious dirt on the way!

0175westwood29

so gas hit this morning!

looking around as i do at pedals and i stumbled on a Rat king, had to be done, they sound awesome on line, i know not everyone's taste but i love Ryans stuff, i have had a Heliotropic (which i loved but just couldnt squeeze on to the board) and currently have a demon (previously oh see demon) on my board with the boost/gate mod and i can tell you thats going no where! and on order his awesome ssounding trem/fuzz the Cicada Fuzz.

so i probs count as a Fuzzrocious fan boy!

this will be going on to a new board that im building up so that i can switch things up for different projects as im now in three bands.

cant wait for this beast to arrive

[URL=http://s245.photobucket.com/user/0175westwood29/media/rat%20king.jpg.html][IMG]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg72/0175westwood29/rat%20king.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

will wait and see but would at some point love to grab a new version so if i like this it might be getting upgraded to a new shiney Cat King.

Andy

[quote name='Sibob' timestamp='1442407818' post='2866734']
It's all about the combos!
Did you see my video combining the Rat Tail, Demon & BDPG?

Si
[/quote]

no i will search it out tho for sure! cant wait till my Cicada Fuzz turns up now!!!

oh for peeps who are interested heres my video,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8B_uFoDyyU

Out of interest, how similar is the MXR Bass Distortion to the fuzzrocious rat circuits? I found that pedal truly awful, but with all the positive talk about these circuits I assume MXR just got it rather wrong? It did seem to suffer from the usual MXR dirt pedal complaints i.e really poor separation between clean and distorted, thin wet signal etc.

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1442519586' post='2867588']
Out of interest, how similar is the MXR Bass Distortion to the fuzzrocious rat circuits? I found that pedal truly awful, but with all the positive talk about these circuits I assume MXR just got it rather wrong? It did seem to suffer from the usual MXR dirt pedal complaints i.e really poor separation between clean and distorted, thin wet signal etc.
[/quote]

not played the mxr, but it does sound pretty decent, just not as nice as the Rat/Cat tail, my guess is adding the blend must have changed something......know nothing about the insides of the pedals tho!

the rat king really does sound good tho!