Why become a member? ×

Sold: Peavey Milestone III Bass 4-string Jazz
£80

Grangur

Hi there,

I'm continuing the cull of the basses here at Grangur Towers.

Here's a bass I bought as a project, but don't have the heart to strip the body etc.

It's in really clean, almost prefect condition. Nice weight. Complete with low action setup and New Fender round-wound strings. It'd make a good back up for anyone.

It could do with some attention to get the pups to the best height, but otherwise it's a good bass.

I'm located about 20 miles up the M11 from London, but I also travel about in the south. So I might be able to deliver.

Or I can ship by carrier at cost.

Full Info:
Passive electronics: Vol, Vol, Tone.
Maple neck, Rosewood fingerboard.
20 Frets - no visible wear.
Basswood(?) body - seems like solid wood.
New Fender round-wound 0.100 - 0.040 Strings

Dings and scratches - none much to speak of.

No buckle rash anywhere.

It's a really nice bass. I could just use the cash right now.

Thanks for looking

Edited by Grangur

Black Coffee asked about the pups.

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pickups - they seem a bit lower than I would set them. I'm thinking that a lift of 1-2mm would make the output just a touch stronger, which would be nice. When I loosen the screws they don't come up any higher. So I would find something to put under the foam that's there, stuck to the bottom of the pups. These things are a personal preference, so you may like it just as it is. [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There's nothing wrong with the bass, that I'm aware of. If there was a problem of the pup screws that go into the body. If there was a problem I would have fixed it.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]When I got the bass neck pup didn't work and the tone pot was knacked. So I re-wired the elects on the front volume and replaced the tone pot. Now it's all working fine. I might just take a look at the pups myself this evening if I've a bit of time.[/font][/color]